More disgraceful customer service from @curryspcworld

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need help/advice please.

Purchased Fridge-Freezer from Curry’s; delivered 07/10/20.

Broke down first week in December.

Eventually [wont bore you with non customer service at Beko] 

Beko sent engineer 24/12/20 and received this report and declared appliance a right off

- issue me with an uplift number to contact Curry’s myself to organise replacement.

Numerous attempts to contact Curry’s customer service

- on ringing you are transferred to a smart bot, then an agent who then tells you they cannot help you and sends you back to another telephone number which also send you to a smart - and the same event repeat themselves.

Have spent £500.00 and just want a replacement appliance delivered.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thank you in advance 

I'm afraid that Currys PC World have become notorious for their extremely poor customer service and am afraid that they have to be forced to step up to any kinds of obligations. It's really disgusting that a company of this stature and so well resourced should neglect their customer-facing function – but that's the way they have gone.

I suppose that you have come from the Facebook group. Bravo. After you receive help here, maybe you can go back and tell them that instead of hanging around in some talking shop diluting the energy and simply giving up and accepting ill-treatment, they can actually stand up for themselves if they want and with our help they can succeed.

Because you are referring to Beko I expect the what has happened is that you have raised the issue with Currys and they have then said that you have to go to the manufacturer – Beko. This is the usual Currys fob off. Currys other retailer and the responsibility rests with them that they find it more convenient to get rid of problems by telling them to go elsewhere.

I'm afraid the only thing to do here is to take assertive and aggressive action. You need to let us know if you're prepared to do this. This means that you issue a letter of claim to Currys and that if they ignore your 14 day deadline then you issue legal proceedings in the County Court.

We will help you all the way. We will help you draft the documents and we will support you as it goes along. You can be certain that at some point Currys will put up their hands because they are bullies but when they realise that they are being taken to court and they tend to back down. You will eventually get your money plus all your court costs. If we can explore the situation properly, we may even be able to get you some additional compensation.

So I understand the story is that you purchased a Beko fridge freezer on 7 October 2020.
In the first week of December – let's say 5 December, it broke down.
You complain to Currys and they referred you to the manufacturers Beko (a fob off)
about three weeks later a Beko engineer arrived and said that the fridge freezer was a write-off – and repairable
advised you to contact Currys to organise a replacement and so far no replacement has been forthcoming.
Now you have been passed around pillar to post by Currys so-called customer service.
We are now 11 January and you are still without fridge freezer and you have no idea what is happening or when you might get one.

I'd be very interested to know how this has affected you – in particular what losses have you experienced as a result? What have you been doing for fridge or freezer since it broke down?

Have you lost any items from the freezer when it stopped working? If so, please can you list them and give us a value for them.

• BankFodder changed the title to More disgraceful customer service from @curryspcworld

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just a fuller list Actual occurrences. Appliance broke down,

Early December [no date for this stored in my memory, sorry] I  contacted  via their customer care form online, and eventually they responded on 16/12/20 quoting my enquiry was 14/12/20 {it was earlier but my fault for not logging it]

After 3 identical emails from Beko asking  exactly the same inane questions [which i had already responded]

Beko sent me independent engineer 24/12/20 who returned report direct to Beko.

Machine was declared broken beyond repair in the report received by Beko on 29/12/20

After  many unanswered telephone calls to Beko, I sat on the phone on 05/01/21 for 1 and 1/2 hours, when they answered.

I requested refund/replacement/uplift number  action within 24 hours - having been almost a months with a broken new appliance, they agreed and i received email next day from Beko with uplift number for me to contact Curry’s direct.

Initial call to currys - managed to get put through to agent who couldn’t help me as no paperwork showed on my file....

Told to call back, since then I have gone from answerphone message, via smart bots, via agents, been cut off and given links to web assistance via my mobile, only to go through the same procedure again and again.

Obviously i am totally dissatisfied with both Beko, who manufacture appliance, and Currys who I purchased from.

however, am stuck in a never ending cycle of nothing  

Please will you address my questions as to ancillary losses which you may have suffered

Thank you.

I'm afraid that it seems to me that you have been trying all reasonable means of attracting their attention. It may seem extreme but I think that the next reasonable step is to send them a letter of claim and then issue legal proceedings and 14 days if they haven't responded. It's very easy to do and although you may find yourself having to issue the court papers, it is most unlikely to go further than that because then hopefully somebody will sit up and take notice and realise what a pig's ear they are making of everything.

At the same time, I think that you could realistically claim some compensation if we can find a hook for it.

Has the fridge freezer given up completely? In other words is it simply taking up space in your kitchen?

Also, how has the lack of a fridge freezer affected you over the past month or so?

If it has simply been taking up space in your kitchen that I think quite reasonably you could require storage charge. We could make sure that it was a modest claim which will give you little bit of satisfaction which would give them a slap and which would put them in a position where it really wasn't worth fighting so that when they've eventually settled the matter, they would settle that as well – even though it would be grudging. But who cares?

Please can you address these points and would you be prepared to issue court papers if it comes to it. I'm talking about a timescale of probably in a couple of weeks time