• Tweets

• Ok so here is my revised draft :  Any thoughts please....   PCN – Date/time of contravention- 10/11/20 : 15.03 Date of issue – 20/11/2020    Dear Will & John.   I must admit I was in awe of receiving a letter from your esteemed law firm thinking what have I done to deserve such an honour. Perhaps you have discovered a long lost relative has left me a fortune in a will and I could give up work to pursue my love of goat farming using the money to set up a small holding in the outer Hebrides producing fine cheese and goat hair sweaters. Alas no! In bold letters it stated Letter before action almost if one had to get ready for battle and my power ranger pyjamas will have to be on a boil wash first before I can even think about action. Anyway I digress after further research I discovered this is in relation to some parking shenanigans of which I have no knowledge of  and for a place I've never been to so as the private parking world's best solicitors you should be aware, I know that you know a case isn't going anywhere on the facts as presented. I may add that that not all is lost, as I used your letter to line the cat litter tray. Mr wiggles is most pleased with his firm and absorbent lining beaming happily away as he does his cat business before securing a warm spot in front of the fire as we sit down to watch cash in the attic. Good luck with the soliciting business I hear it can be quite lucrative. P.S – it is uncle Herbert who apparently left a fortune so if you do come across him please let me know…   Regards Mr …..      
    • One more analysis, from the Independent's health correspondent.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-deaths-nhs-delays-boris-johnson-b1790208.html
    • I have added the attached [Arguments] So my first 6 pages should hit home, especially with the judge.. Its a big document, but hopefully he wont need to go past Exhibit 06. After that, its all downloaded cases &  etc..but all relevant if he needs them..     Arguments.pdf
    • Amongst the media assessments of the government's record on Covid and doing everything it possibly could, Led By Donkeys have done a good video summary.   https://twitter.com/i/status/1354189403263008769  
    • Regulators suspended the tech giant's planned listing before ordering a shake-up at the company. View the full article
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

CCJ's suddenly added to my credit file in November, for parking charges.

Hello,

I have recently checked my credit file to see two CCJ's added in November 2020. I contacted the clearing court who have responded today with details:

1a

Claimant: FIRST PARKING LLP

Claimant solicitor: DCB LEGAL LTD

Telephone: 0203 434 0433

Reference: XXXXXXXXXXX

Judgment amount:

Particulars of claim:

1. THE DEFENDANT(D) IS INDEBTED TO THE       CLAIMANT (C) FOR A PARKING CHARGE(S) ISSUED  TO VEHICLE XXXXXXX AT ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH    HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

2. THE PCN DETAILS ARE  01/10/2019,5634056905350

3.THE PCN(S) WAS    ISSUED ON PRIVATE LAND OWNED OR MANAGED BY C.THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED IN BREACH OF THE TERMSON CS SIGNS (THE CONTRACT), THUS INCURRING   THE PCN(S).

4. THE DRIVER AGREED TO PAY WITHIN28 DAYS BUT DID NOT. D IS LIABLE AS THE      DRIVER OR KEEPER. DESPITE REQUESTS, THE      PCN(S) IS OUTSTANDING. THE CONTRACT ENTITLES C TO DAMAGES.   

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS     

1. £140 BEING THE TOTAL OF THE PCN(S) AND    DAMAGES.

2. INTEREST AT A RATE OF 8% PER     ANNUM PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS  ACT 1984 FROM THE DATE HEREOF AT A DAILY RATEOF £0.03 UNTIL JUDGMENT OR SOONER PAYMENT. 3.COSTS AND COURT FEES            

They are claiming £249 it states on my credit file                                                                                                                                                                                                 

2a

Claimant: FIRST PARKING LLP

Claimant solicitor: DCB LEGAL LTD

Telephone: 0203 434 0433

Reference: XXXXXXXXXX

Particulars of claim: 1. THE DEFENDANT(D) IS INDEBTED TO THE       CLAIMANT (C) FOR A PARKING CHARGE(S) ISSUED  TO VEHICLE XXXXXXX AT ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH    HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

2. THE PCN DETAILS ARE  07/02/2020,7444056905352

3.THE PCN(S) WAS    ISSUED ON PRIVATE LAND OWNED OR MANAGED BY C.THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED IN BREACH OF THE TERMSON CS SIGNS (THE CONTRACT), THUS INCURRING   THE PCN(S).

4. THE DRIVER AGREED TO PAY WITHIN28 DAYS BUT DID NOT. D IS LIABLE AS THE      DRIVER OR KEEPER. DESPITE REQUESTS, THE      PCN(S) IS OUTSTANDING. THE CONTRACT ENTITLES C TO DAMAGES.                               

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS                     

1. £140 BEING THE TOTAL OF THE PCN(S) AND    DAMAGES.

2. INTEREST AT A RATE OF 8% PER     ANNUM PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS  ACT 1984 FROM THE DATE HEREOF AT A DAILY RATEOF £0.03 UNTIL JUDGMENT OR SOONER PAYMENT. 3.COSTS AND COURT FEES                            

They are claiming £245 it states on my credit file

1 The date of infringement?

1a: 1/10/19

2a: 7/02/20

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

No. I only just found out the CCJ's existed by checking my credit file.

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

No

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

Not yet

5 Who is the parking company?

First Parking LLP

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich, SE London.  1a: I was unloading shopping, so was parked on double yellow lines outside staff accommodation temporarily,   2a: Parked in staff parking bay outside staff accommodation on a Friday evening.

Just to clarify, I was staff at this hospital, living in the staff accommodation in question. I did not have a staff permit as they charge over £550 per year and there was a 6-9 month waiting list.

I would like some help if possible, approaching the solicitors for more information.

They are blatantly misleading the court in both cases, saying that I agreed to pay.

I never acknowledged any of these tickets. 

I filled out the proforma you posted with as much info as I have right now (not much),

the next step would be to contact the solicitors for proof of the infringement I am thinking?

Looking at the clearing court email, to dispute the charges, I have to pay £255!! I am not sure if that is per CCJ but if it is, its more than the judgement!

I did not ignore any letters from the court, I never received any, not sure why, my information with DVLA is and was up to date.

next move is an SAR to First Parking LLP

you need to findout where everything went

what address is on each claimform/judgement too

the staff accomodation address?

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The backdoor ccj's have most probably been caused by them not having your correct and current address .

Our sar states in red at top not to publish it in the open forum.

It doesn't need adapting.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou dx100uk,

I have contacted them using there contact form today, to ask whom to address the SAR to.

I am a little worried that they will obtain my address from me writing to them, is this going to be ok?

Here is my draft letter of subject access request, can anyone take a quick look and tell me if it is ok?

Thankyou

Upload unapproved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread