2 backdoor CCJ's First Parking/DCB(L) - ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@dx100ukAh ok. So they could either enforce the debt using sherrifs or the CCJs will sit there on my credit file indefinitely. They now have my new address, necessary to correspond with them.

@FTMDaveHi Dave, yes, I made it crystal clear. The cost is too great for me at the moment, I cant afford to set them both aside. It doesnt seem fair that justice is only applicable to the wealthy but thats the system I guess. I am not sure what to do now, they have sent me another letter for the PCN charge £130, the rest is costs.

where has this idea come from they can use 'sheriffs' ?? what are they?

if you mean HCEO's they can't , the level for that is £600.

and just because DCBL are HCEO's and DCB(L) are are of the same group

doesn't mean they can just 'send their mates round.

stop watching silly TV programs!!

the only "CCJ's" dcbl can ever enforce are mostly those for private landlord evictions on debts above £600.

should they wish to use 'bailiffs' they would have to return to court.

of which you'd be advised of. any the judge would have to grant their use.

and it would be county court bailiffs, of which DCBL are not!! anyway

and who are virtually powerless as there is no right of forced entry on any CCJ debt.

CCJ's paid or not, paying or not, just like defaults vanish from your file upon their 6th birthday.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Up to you, but I would be sorely tempted to go for a set aside against one of the CCJs (on the basis that if that goes well presumably the solicitors will cave in on the second).

In normal times getting a set aside is painless: a single page of A4 to fill in and 15 minutes in front of a judge.  In COVID times it's likely to be easier, 15 minutes on the phone to a judge.

The judge will want to know

(a) why you didn't defend the claim, so get all your proof together that the solicitors messed up and sent the form to an incorrect address, and

(b) how you intend to defend the claim, which is that you were a contractor and had every right to park there.

It will cost £255 but there is a chance the solicitors will be ordered to pay if you lay it on thick about their incompetence.  In any case you could later sue them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

a) why you did not receive the initial claim form

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@dx100uk Regarding the claim form, I assume, it was sent to my old address. The only correspondence they have sent to my new address, has been since I contected them and gave them my address as a result.

I thought they could use bailiffs, as I am also taking P2G to court, and in the details that Moneyclaim sent, it said that if P2G did not pay the CCJ if issued, then I could ask sherrifs to collect it. I assumed it would be the same for anyone awarded a CCJ but thanks for the clarification.

@FTMDaveI hadnt thought to contest only one as a test case for the other, that is much more tempting, although unaffordable at the moment. I will think about this option.

My a. comment was to indicate the correct 2 criteria required for set aside.

As for bailiff use..

A ccj can be enforced by bailiffs

However, there are 2 types and their involvement hedged upon the value of the judgement and/or if the debt was gov't by any financial acts like the consumer credit act.

in a nutshell these are

court bailiffs

high court enforcement officers, often called sheriffs

The tipping point is £600, as long as the debt was not subject to the consumer credit act, then that raises the bar to £5k.

I think you might be mixing and confusing 'labels'

and they

Go back and read ftmdaves post..

A speculative invoice is not say a credit card whereby you signed an  agreement

and they