2 backdoor CCJ's First Parking/DCB(L) - ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have recently checked my credit file to see two CCJ's added in November 2020. I contacted the clearing court who have responded today with details:

1a

Claimant: FIRST PARKING LLP

Claimant solicitor: DCB LEGAL LTD

Telephone: 0203 434 0433

Reference: XXXXXXXXXXX

Judgment amount:

Particulars of claim:

1. THE DEFENDANT(D) IS INDEBTED TO THE       CLAIMANT (C) FOR A PARKING CHARGE(S) ISSUED  TO VEHICLE XXXXXXX AT ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH    HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

2. THE PCN DETAILS ARE  01/10/2019,5634056905350

3.THE PCN(S) WAS    ISSUED ON PRIVATE LAND OWNED OR MANAGED BY C.THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED IN BREACH OF THE TERMSON CS SIGNS (THE CONTRACT), THUS INCURRING   THE PCN(S).

4. THE DRIVER AGREED TO PAY WITHIN28 DAYS BUT DID NOT. D IS LIABLE AS THE      DRIVER OR KEEPER. DESPITE REQUESTS, THE      PCN(S) IS OUTSTANDING. THE CONTRACT ENTITLES C TO DAMAGES.   

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS     

1. £140 BEING THE TOTAL OF THE PCN(S) AND    DAMAGES.

2. INTEREST AT A RATE OF 8% PER     ANNUM PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS  ACT 1984 FROM THE DATE HEREOF AT A DAILY RATEOF £0.03 UNTIL JUDGMENT OR SOONER PAYMENT. 3.COSTS AND COURT FEES            

They are claiming £249 it states on my credit file                                                                                                                                                                                                 

2a

Claimant: FIRST PARKING LLP

Claimant solicitor: DCB LEGAL LTD

Telephone: 0203 434 0433

Reference: XXXXXXXXXX

Particulars of claim: 1. THE DEFENDANT(D) IS INDEBTED TO THE       CLAIMANT (C) FOR A PARKING CHARGE(S) ISSUED  TO VEHICLE XXXXXXX AT ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH    HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

2. THE PCN DETAILS ARE  07/02/2020,7444056905352

3.THE PCN(S) WAS    ISSUED ON PRIVATE LAND OWNED OR MANAGED BY C.THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED IN BREACH OF THE TERMSON CS SIGNS (THE CONTRACT), THUS INCURRING   THE PCN(S).

4. THE DRIVER AGREED TO PAY WITHIN28 DAYS BUT DID NOT. D IS LIABLE AS THE      DRIVER OR KEEPER. DESPITE REQUESTS, THE      PCN(S) IS OUTSTANDING. THE CONTRACT ENTITLES C TO DAMAGES.                               

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS                     

1. £140 BEING THE TOTAL OF THE PCN(S) AND    DAMAGES.

2. INTEREST AT A RATE OF 8% PER     ANNUM PURSUANT TO S.69 OF THE COUNTY COURTS  ACT 1984 FROM THE DATE HEREOF AT A DAILY RATEOF £0.03 UNTIL JUDGMENT OR SOONER PAYMENT. 3.COSTS AND COURT FEES                            

They are claiming £245 it states on my credit file

1 The date of infringement?

1a: 1/10/19

2a: 7/02/20

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

No. I only just found out the CCJ's existed by checking my credit file.

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

No

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

Not yet

5 Who is the parking company?

First Parking LLP

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woolwich, SE London.  1a: I was unloading shopping, so was parked on double yellow lines outside staff accommodation temporarily,   2a: Parked in staff parking bay outside staff accommodation on a Friday evening.

Just to clarify, I was staff at this hospital, living in the staff accommodation in question. I did not have a staff permit as they charge over £550 per year and there was a 6-9 month waiting list.

I would like some help if possible, approaching the solicitors for more information.

They are blatantly misleading the court in both cases, saying that I agreed to pay.

I never acknowledged any of these tickets. 

I filled out the proforma you posted with as much info as I have right now (not much),

the next step would be to contact the solicitors for proof of the infringement I am thinking?

Looking at the clearing court email, to dispute the charges, I have to pay £255!! I am not sure if that is per CCJ but if it is, its more than the judgement!

I did not ignore any letters from the court, I never received any, not sure why, my information with DVLA is and was up to date.

next move is an SAR to First Parking LLP

you need to findout where everything went

what address is on each claimform/judgement too

the staff accomodation address?

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou dx100uk,

I have contacted them using there contact form today, to ask whom to address the SAR to.

I am a little worried that they will obtain my address from me writing to them, is this going to be ok?

Here is my draft letter of subject access request, can anyone take a quick look and tell me if it is ok?

Thankyou

The backdoor ccj's have most probably been caused by them not having your correct and current address .

Our sar states in red at top not to publish it in the open forum.

It doesn't need adapting.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

@dx100ukI sent an SAR to both the Parking company, First Parking and both have now replied. First Parking actually replied within a day but the solicitor took most of the month they were given.

Everything went to an old address of mine that I was not even living at with either vehicle at the time. Strangely, First Parkings data held for me, had the correct correspondence address, but their own solicitors used a different, older address?

The solicitor states they have email communication from me, but they did not include it and I searched my email account, I have no correspndence from them. In the CCJ paperwork , the solicitor claimed to have contacted me and that I had admitted liability!

The two parking incidents related to these PCN's, I was in a contractor parking spot, there was a nearby sign, but it pertained to staff parking bays. I was in a contractor spot and was working at the hospital as an agency worker (could be argued a contractor). The bay I was in was alawys empty but for when a maintenance contractor came to fix something, which was rare and thay parked on the pavements anyway, to be closer to the accomodation.

The contractor parking bays were not chargeable, so there was no loss of revenue.

I have attached the solicitors SAR response, which I have cut and past into word, to anonymise, then saved as pdf, hope that is ok.

First Parkings response, was pictures of the two cars, in the contractor bay, copies of the PCN letters (sent to the correct address) and details of the address etc they had obtained for correspondence (not the address the solicitor used).

Could you please help me on the next step?

Ok redacted and converted, thankyou for the safety tips.

So they claimed to the court (in my absence) to have spoken to me, and that I had agreed to pay, they hadnt and I didnt. 

The pictures provided to me by First Parking, are of my cars in a contractor space, I was working at the hospital in an agency capacity, technically a contractor. It is not a chargeable space, therefore there was no loss of revenue to First Parking.

First Parking had my correct address, somehow the solicitor wrote to an old address, so I never received the Letter of Claim, I will check with DVLA as suggested.

Thank you

jpg2pdf (1).pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to 2 backdoor CCJ's First Parking/DCB(L) - ISS QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL BROOK HOUSE

contact dvlc ask them who requested your information and on what date each time

and the address they returned to them for you

and they

opps doesnt bade too well for them:

• Experian - to ensure thot correspondence is sent to your most recent .address

i will guess this address is current and correct for where you reside now?

and they

@dx100ukThe address they sent to is an old address from years ago, that is where they sent the letter of claim.  The address that First Parking had, was the correct one.

It also should bode poorly for them that they lied on the court paperwork and said I had agreed to pay them? I dont know how to contest it now that it has gone this far (without me).

I have messaged DVLA, to request the information you suggested, thanks for that.

well we don't know they lied.

get your ducks inline.

and the facts correct before you start thinking either there is something wrong or there is no hope to set aside.

what is in the fair parking SAR please..

do you have any dated letters from fair parking proving the correct address.

and they

I am pretty positive they lied, it states in point 4 of both CCJ's ''THE DRIVER AGREED TO PAY WITHIN28 DAYS BUT DID NOT'', this was a lie surely as I certainly did not, they hadnt even written to the correct address?

They do say in their SAR that they have email communication with me, but did not include it? I searched my email for every possible term pertaining to DCB and I have never corresponded with them.

In each case, the SAR (which is only accessible online and is in power point format), has screen shots of their database, with information pertaining to each PCN. Then it has photos of the vehicle, one contains a phot of a sign but blurry and on its own so the viewer cannot decipher where the sign is or what it says.

There is then a summary page of keepers details, address etc and finally a copy of the PCN letter for each PCN. The letters are dated November for the October PCN and March for the February one.

The addresses throughout are the correct addresses.

no thats part of the terms & conditions of the default contract the driver entered into by entering the land, not that the driver 'agreed' they agreed by default.

BUT someone has assumed the registered keeper IS the driver and that wrong unless you told them you were driving.

• Like 1

and they

8 minutes ago, bluemarineguy said:

The addresses throughout are the correct addresses.

if the ntks are dated before the DCB(l) letters and the court claim... which they are , then there is your reason to set aside the CCJ's 

your  defence INHO would be that you were a contractor working for the landowner whom employ the Parking Company.:crazy:

and they

@dx100uk Ahh ok thank you. No I have never heard from them or responded to them, not First Parking or DCB.

So regarding the set aside,  I should fill out the  N244, once I have all my evidence collected, including DVLA info?

Edited by bluemarineguy

no need to look it up

the N244 is here in our legal library.

so just to be sure - duck inline..

you have written proof , lets say the NTK's , they both shown , lets say 'a correct address' , that had the letters of claim from DCB(l) and the claimform gone too, you would have gotten them and respond...

..but for some unknown reason, DCB(L) decided to use an old address for PAPLOC/Claimform?

if the above is correct then pers i'd be ringing DCB(L)

cant them on the hop and DEMAND they setaside the 2 CCJ's by mutual consent FOC to you and REMOVED the CCJ's else you'll set them aside and claim your costs against DCB(L) ...(£255x2) + seek financial damage to your credit worthiness through court + court costs

sometimes that works..

and they

be demanding and quite frankly outraged that they have done this and with black and white proof that they have IGNORED the correct address on their clients documentation they had before they ever started their involvement.

a bloodied nose for DCB(L) would go down very well for everyone thats suffered these new kids on the block PPC claims wise. they are far too big for their boots being such a newbie in the scamming game these speculative invoice PPC's get away with everyday. 

and they

@dx100uk I gave them a call, they were not very forthcoming, naturally, said they could not comment but they would take my points and discuss with a senior colleague. He said they MAY get back to me but that would not necessarily be the case. I agreed to put my points in writing and supply documentary evidence of my claim that I was a contractor. 

Meanwhile, I have written to the hospital for evidence of my contract. I am also awaiting the DVLA to respond to my enquiry that you suggested. Once all of this is collated, I will write to DCB.

Thankyou again 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my reply from solicitor, they say that they wont remove the CCJ's, I would say they ignored my points completely.

They wrote:

The PCN has been issued correctly. The reason for the parking charge is that no valid permit was on display.

The signage on the land would have stipulated this.  (it didnt, the sign related to the staff parking bays adjacent to the contractor bays, it says nothing about contractor bays)

In any event, the Judgment determines liability.  (judgment was made without my defence)

We recommend seeking independent legal advice if you are looking to dispute.

you sent them proof of employment onsite?

and they

Don't pay the CCJs!  Even if you pay, they will remain on your file.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

no they cant charge interest!!

and they

When you contacted the solicitors, did you make it quite clear you'll be going for two set asides and against them for the two lots of costs (2 x £225)?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread