VCS CCTV PCN - No Stopping - Outside entrance to southend airport SS2 6YF

Hello. I could do with some assistance with a NTK.

Your thoughts and advice appreciated.

Background:

The Driver stopped to load a disabled passenger and a bag.

The area was deserted all bar one other vehicle and it was dark and foggy, vehicle stopped for no more than 1 ½ minutes

Someway before the the area in question and before a junction, there are two signs stating “no stopping on access roads” there is no signage to say which are access roads, all other signs relating to the area in question are (conveniently for them) placed low down on Iron railings at 90 degrees to any vehicle using the road i.e. not facing the driver.

The NTK states:

The “Reasons for this charge”. Are, “104 Stopping to pick up/drop off in a restricted zone.”

The charge notice states a “the period of parking to which this notice relates to immediately preceding the time of event stated in this notice”

So is it parked or stopped to load?

The notice says that if you were not the driver, you CAN notify them of the drivers details.

If I were to supply the drivers details would that not be against data protection legislation?

I can't think that I am under any legal obligation to supply that information.

ANPR charge

1 Date of the infringement 28th 12 2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 4th 01 2021

3 Date received 09 01 2021

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] no

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]  no

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up n/a

7 Who is the parking company? Vehicle Control Services LTD

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Outside entrance to southend airport SS2 6YF

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No . How to Appeal says www.myparkingcharge.co.uk

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, (International Parking Community) IPC

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here none

TIA

Parking 1 pdf.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS CCTV PCN - No Stopping - Outside entrance to southend airport SS2 6YF

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

clickme ^^^

get reading up ...do not appeal

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You were not parked  you are being charged with stopping in a no stopping area. 

Your PCN does not mention PoFA but at the bottom of the first page it makes an attempt which fails.

The Act which governs private parking companies allow them to transfer the parking charge to the keeper from the driver if the driver has not paid or their name and address have not been given to the parking company after 28 days.

What the Act does not say is that it will be assumed that the keeper is the driver.

The keeper does not have to be the driver to be responsible for the amount outstanding, providing there is a contract formed between VCS in this case and the driver.

You will probably have read by now that as their sign was stopping you from doing something no contract can be formed.....

Thank you for the assistance so far.

What better way to while away a few lock down hours than to  read about Vehicle Control Services and Mr Smith. Having done so,   as far as I can see I just await  the  inevitable,  more scary letters with road signs on? or a Letter before action.

"Your  PCN does not mention PoFA but at the bottom of the first page it makes an attempt which fails".    Is that something I can use at  a later date?

I am still slightly bemused by the fact that the NTK states that the charge is for stopping,  but that the charge notice was given as a result of parking?  the car could not have been doing both at the same time. Probably only a small point, but small points seem to matter in these cases.

Thinking  out loud and as a matter of interest.   If  the keeper passed on the driver details to VCS within 28 days and  the driver then did not pay or respond to the claim then it seems it is assumed that the keeper should be responsible,  does not seem to be either fair, reasonable or reliable  grounds for a court case?

n

you don't need to be a solicitor

1000's of joe public have won against simple simon.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...