Moneyway return of goods order - Car HP debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking for advice on Car HP debt during the Coronavirus crisis.

I isolated in March 2020 as things were starting to impact as no work and went behind a month on car finance.

Sent the company an email to ask for corona payment holiday but heard nothing back.

Still tried to make payments as and when I could.

Received a phone call last night from a recovery company seeking possession but first I have heard of it.

Phoned company straight away and spoke to the most unhelpful person ever.

He informed me that I had defaulted and they wanted the vehicle back.

I told them I have received no mail whatsoever but he was adamant that as long as they had sent it that was proof I had received it.

He also stated that they only need to apply to the Court as I defaulted and they could repossess the car without me being allowed to defend myself.

The original finance was for £17000 and I still owe £2700 in total.

I cannot believe during this crisis companies can be so confident that the Courts will take their side without no defence.

I have double checked and I have received nothing from them for 9 months .

I have only just started using my phone again as I thought we were coming out of the crisis only to be put straight back in.

I found the phone calls to be very threatening.

Any advice welcome.   

Please can you not post your story in a solid block of text. It makes it very difficult to read – especially for people using smaller screens or telephones.

We can help you but you need to present your story in a readable way. Thank you

done

please name names too.

iyou have paid more than 1/3rd so under the consumer credit act - HP agreement rules  - the car is deemed protected goods and they cannot simply grab the car without raising a return of goods order through a county court, of which you will be informed and WILL be able to defend, it is NOT simply a rubberstamped exercise they claim.

which is why you should NEVER EVER ring anyone.

they will LIE as they have.

as for the guy with a flatbed...they are NOT bailiffs and have ZERO legal powers to take the car without your express permission, which you do NOT give.

HOWEVER, do NOT leave you car on the public highway. when not is use, park it on your drive...Private Property.

though should they take the car from the public highway, you will entitled to SUE THEM for all your payments back as well as the car FOC.

as they would have voided the consumer credit act they signed with you. 

i see you are already well vested in all the above so am a wee bit puzzled why you immediately picked the phone up and not followed you already successful route before in dealing with??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you, 

To be honest its been such a bad year and only just started using my mobile again as I let someone use it as its on contract and we just isolated after losing someone very close in June. When I answered the phone it totally threw me and when I phoned the company Moneyway, the guy I spoke to was not listening at all and had an attitude that if they send a letter out to someone, a Court accept that as proof I received it even though I had not.

It just caught me by surprise that he could just make an application to the court and they would rubber stamp it with me not being able to represent a defence. He also said they do not respond to emails which also made me doubt myself as the easier way of proving you sent something is by email?

I have still been attempting to keep track of payments and the fact there is little left to pay against percentage paid that I had no confidence as I was being spoken to too in such a threatening tone and way.

All what you have stated has restored my confidence in help that is out there and can only say a big thank you.

I will wait to see what paper work arrives and then post an update. Whilst typing this the recovery company has texted me to see if I contacted Moneyway and I replied I did. The text back says "No problem, as we've provided all the options available and your aware of them I'll ask them to continue with the action and await further instruction."

What a piece of work he is? All he said yesterday was do I want to hand the keys back and I should contact Moneyway. 

Should I still keep paying the same way I have been doing during this coronavirus?   

moneyway and angliaUK? (i bet) pull this stunt all the time.

text the repo guy back stating :

as i have paid over 1/3rd of the agreement, under CCA 1974, the car is deemed protected goods, your client has no legal right without my consent to a voluntary surrender, which i will not agree to, to take the car.

They/you require a return of goods order from a county court to remove it, which should your client apply for will be dealt with via a time order.

Please be clear that should you repo the car without one,  this will void the HP agreement and i will sue for the return of all my payments and the car or equivalent monetary value under the consumer credit act regulations.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are very well known to us.

use our search top right

moneyway.

and they

• 10 months later...

Received a court order today but had no idea it was being heard.

It reads as 4 orders

1) return of goods/vehicle suspended on payment of agreed sum in monthly instalments.

2) Money judgement adjourned generally with liberty to restore.

3) The Def pays the Claimants costs within 21 days.

4) The Claimant by its servants or agents be permitted to enter premises kept to effect recovery. section 92 of consumer act. 

At original hearing claimants lied about amount outstanding and court adjourned. An agreement was reached and monthly monies paid as agreed and only 2 payments left. The order shows as 3 which again shows claimants lied yet again but got this order without me having any knowledge of any hearing as I didn't thing there would be one having stuck 100% to the agreement.

I cannot understand the order at all as only £400 outstanding and car valued at £8000.

Please any advice Thank you

lots missing here..we need the full story AND NAMES

so you've moved since you took out the original agreement?

there is noway a return of goods order can be made otherwise by the backdoor.

dx

and they

is this:

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Advice needed on Moneyway Car HP debt

Threads merged following extensive pm msg.

please post you update pn msg here as pm advice is not allowed

Helps no_one bar you

Not what cag is about

and they

Sorry as this is the continuation of that original thread.

On the 3rd August 2021 I received an order from the Court that I should appear in person and seek a suspended order.

I attended but the hearing was held using a conference call.

The Claimants solicitors did not have all the relevant details of monies paid and mislead the Judge to the point where I stated all monies paid.

The Judge adjourned the hearing for 21 days in which time I had to file and serve a witness statement as I had made an offer during the hearing.

I did this and the Solicitors agreed to £200 a month as the total outstanding was £1074.14p

I have paid 3 payments since and there is a balance left of £430.

I then received an order yesterday as laid out as above.

I could not believe I was not notified of the hearing and do not understand what the order means as I have stuck to the agreed agreement and in fact will pay in full before due.

It also appears I have added costs and 21 days to pay and ask if the 21 days starts from yesterday 29th November when order received?

Any help welcome in explaining the order as the section 4 has alarm bells ringing in my ears.

Thank you

Just to add Moneyway is now secure bank trust.

On 08/01/2021 at 17:37, dx100uk said:

moneyway and angliaUK? (i bet) pull this stunt all the time.

text the repo guy back stating :

as i have paid over 1/3rd of the agreement, under CCA 1974, the car is deemed protected goods, your client has no legal right without my consent to a voluntary surrender, which i will not agree to, to take the car. They/you require a return of goods order from a county court to remove it, which should your client apply for will be dealt with via a time order. Please be clear that should you repo the car without one,  this will void the HP agreement and i will sue for the return of all my payments and the car or equivalent monetary value under the consumer credit act regulations.

dx

Moneyway is a trading name of Secure Trust Bank PLC yes.

did you ever do as above?

and they

Why did you not IMMEDIATLY either come here at the 1st sign of a claim or do the time order then but await a second hearing?

and they

I done what was suggested which kept the wolfs from the door and continued to pay monies.

I was then served with a summons and attended Court but the Judge did not do a time order as the solicitors did not have all the correct payments made to Moneyway .

The Judge then adjourned it and I had to send in a witness statement and offer which was accepted and I have been paying the last 3 months with 2 more payments to go.

Then this order dropped through the post yesterday as I was totally unaware of a second hearing.

That is why I am in a panic as I do not understand the order.

Do I just pay the last 2 payments as before ?

But the costs one has only given me 21 days to pay.

The claimants solicitors re adjusted the outstanding balance to £1074.14p and accepted my offer of £200  a month.

Edited by tigeress289

the judge doesn't do a time order you do.

did you suggest one at all?

can you scan up what you have received from the court please to one mass PDF after reading upload

and they

Yes I did but the Judge wanted Moneyways solicitors to get all the correct monies paid in order as everything they were quoting was wrong.

Thats why he adjourned it I think.

I never expected to even be going back to Court having nearly settled the agreement.

It feels like the solicitors abused the position.

My computer does not connect with my scanner part of printer.

read upload use your phone camera

when was this 1st hearing and you've not moved in recent times have you?

and they

No read upload!

pictures are jpg files we want one mass pdf only so only registered members can view them.

take clear pictures the pages

download them to your pc then follow upload

redact anything bar dates and figure s that they could use to id you here.

mspaint is good for that

then use the 2 sites mentioned to convert to one mass pdf smaller than 4.8Mb

you should have sent an sar to moneyway..do it now too!

and they

Just send the sar as is by 1st class post in the morning, get a free proof of posting from any po counter.

you've not moved in recent times have you?

and they

You have not missed a hearing ...the above order is simply a conclusion to the previous hearing of Aug and your submitted statement and now conforms the directions of the claim.

1) return of goods/vehicle suspended on payment of agreed sum in monthly instalments.

2) Money judgement adjourned generally with liberty to restore. If you default on your payments

3) The Def pays the Claimants costs within 21 days. From the date of the order

4) The Claimant by its servants or agents be permitted to enter premises kept to effect recovery. section 92 of consumer act. But only if you default on the agreed payments.

92 Recovery of possession of goods or land.

(1)Except under an order of the court, the creditor or owner shall not be entitled to enter any premises to take possession of goods subject to a regulated hire-purchase agreement, regulated conditional sale agreement or regulated consumer hire agreement.

So stick to your agreed remaining payments and arrange payment of their costs...that's the end of the matter.

Andy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A big thank you as the last one number 4 had me worried.

Sent this months payment today so one more left.

On the 21 days to pay costs, is it from date of order or from day received?

The SAR is going tomorrow as going post office first thing.