• Tweets

• Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
    • HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker.  Indeed, but if the Ombudsman is prepared to accept the complaint, it would be about the advice given by the broker and their paperwork, wouldn't it? You seem to be asserting that the problems you've had stem from their bad advice. HB
    • Aesmith - wanted a btl was placed with a bridge.  The broker did no affordability check, no fact find, no income check, they filled in all the forms - just sent the signature page to sign. The question was/ is - with a high-paying short-term tenant in situ and a history of other high rentals should they have been able to secure a replacement btl?  I'd had a btl for donkeys.  The valuations were way off for the bridge.  As was discovered down the line. HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Backdoor CCJ LC Asset 1 S a r l/Kearns - old Lloyds Mastercard debt - have IOC now going for CO - help

JimJams40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I’m hoping that someone can help me?

Out of the blue today we received in the post a letter from Kearns Solicitors with a letter stating that an interim order has been obtained against my husband’s interests/our property and have served on us an interim order and an application for a charging order. 

We had no forewarning about this at all, no letters, emails or phone calls. In fact we have no idea what this relates to as they do not state where the debt has come from only that my husband owes £2202. Apparently there was a judgment or order on 18 November 2019. We again had no knowledge that this had happened. 

We have no idea what to do with this. I am reluctant to call the solicitors who sent us this as I don’t want to “go on record” that we have acknowledged receiving the papers until we know what this is about.

Neither myself or my husband have any experience in dealing with things like this. Please could someone kindly give us some information as to how we can respond to this.

I can upload the documents if needed.

Thanks in advance 

called a backdoot CCJ, means you hubby moved without informing his debt owners and everything was quite legally served to an old address.?

if the property is jointly owned, all these fleecers will get is a restriction k, which is totally useless to them anyway.

go get his credit file

note the CCJ number

ring northants bulk tomorrow and ask for a copy of the claimform AND the judgement CCJ by email PDF.

if they don't have a copy of the claimform, then ask them to readout the address on it and the particulars of claim.

RECORD THE CALL.

then comeback here with the details of the POC.

use our search top right in the meantime top right:

backdoor CCJ 

and get reading up.

do NOT go ringing the fleecers or their dogs ever!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

thank you for taking the time to respond.

we called the court today and they have sent the POC.

I had asked them to send me the claim form and the judgement including the address but they haven’t.

Will call the court this afternoon to chase and add to this thread.

In the meantime, here is the text of the poc

1.the claimant ('c') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced 5187913.... and opened effective from 21/11/2012.

2.the agreement is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 ('cca'), was signed by the defendant ('d') and from which credit was extended to d.

3.d failed comply with a default notice served pursuant to s87 (1) cca and by 15/10/2019 a default was recorded. as at 15/11/2019 the defendant owed lloyds bank plc the sum of 1851.40.

4.by an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to c effective 15/11/2019 and made regular upon c serving a notice of assignment upon d shortly thereafter.

and c claims-

1. 193140

2. interest pursuant to section 69 county court act (1984) at a rate of 8 % per annum from 15/11/2019 to 20/10/2020 of 12583 and thereafter at a daily rate of 39 to date of judgment or sooner payment.

date 20/10/2020                                        

Im starting the reading of the backdoor ccj.

thanks again! 

you need the address on the claimform at best.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ LC Asset 1 S a r l/Kearns - old Lloyds Mastercard debt - have IOC now going for CO - help

thread title update

now you have the POC 

please fill this questionnaire out where you can.

You have received a Court Claim ISSUED IN ENGLAND & WALES What you need to do - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

particularly regarding dates and payments please

unless he paid this within the 6yrs before the issuance this might have been statute barred which is typical for Link DCA (LC assets)

and they

Hi dx

Rang back the court yesterday afternoon.  They do not have the original claim form!  I got them to read out the address they have on the judgement and POC and it is our current address.  

We will fill out the questionnaire today/this evening and will read the link you have kindly supplied.  

thanks for your help, much appreciated.

so he totally ignored a claimform in sept/oct ?

and they

The POC doesn't state when the DN was issued, unless I missed it.

the sb date would be 6 years from that date plus 14 days. As that would be the earliest they could enforce.

So, as you say it may well  be SB. Unless payments were made in the interim.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

On 08/01/2021 at 12:55, JimJams40 said:

by 15/10/2019 a default was recorded.

what also puzzles me is the claim and judgement has the correct address and the OP is stating this is the 1st they heard of this debt, where, have 10's of letters have gone prior to all this?

now Link could have pulled the old stunt that DCA's used to pull years ago of which Link were masters and everything was sent to an old address, then once default judgement was in the bag suddenly update the court, but that doesn't fit here as again, the ICO was granted without any knowledge ...sorry but something smells here and is not correct.

how long has your husband lived at the address he is at now and did he take this card out whilst living there or where and when>

the info we have upon knowledge or not or address info or not, is not making sense at all .

and they

Hi both

We go through our post meticulously and everything is saved in lever arches, especially bank/finances so I can keep a paper trail (unless it is junk and that gets thrown away).  I have spent all morning going through all our lever arches and I can assure you that we have had absolutely nothing.  My husband has also gone through all his emails (just in case) - nothing.  He said he had a few miss calls a few weeks ago from an unknown number but no voicemails were left so thought it could cold callers etc.  

There has certainly not been any letters or claim forms coming to this address.  

When my husband took out the card in 2012 we were living at a different address in another town, however, the credit card is with our bank Lloyds.  The bank were notified when we moved in 2015 (we have lived here for 6 years) of our new/current address in relation to our current accounts .  Im not sure whether these are different entities in relation to areas of business and, therefore, when the current accounts were updated with our new/current address that a separate call needed to be made in relation to the credit card?

Also what came with the letter was the application for charging order on land but what was attached to this, along with the Land Registry title, was a retriever search so I'm inclined to think that they have used this to find where he is currently so perhaps did not have his current address and had the old one.  

Is it normal that the court did not have an original claim form?  It would be interesting to know whether it had his old address on it.  Could the Claimant's solicitors have issued an updated Claim Form? I presume that the only way I can obtain this is from the Claimant's solicitors?

I agree this doesn't make sense to us either.  We have been left very shaken by this but I can assure you that this is completely genuine and we really need help.

thats better and fits in with what we know can happen.

so lloyds credit card division were not updated with the movement address, be that of your doing or not, or a failing upon lloyds, it just didn't happen.

i could quite believe link changing the defendants address just before issuance of a judgement or after the effect but it still doesn't explain how as they knew the correct address an application for ICO was raised and you still didn't get any court letters, and then again a full CO is being applied for and again the court sent nothing. but the CCJ has the correct address. but no link would not have needed nor would they have issued an updated claimform no.

i'm not 100% sure how these ICO application go sometimes and IF link applied for the ICO at their application for default judgement, which as it's a northants bulk roboclaim to which infact no human is involved or checks anything i cant see how.

as for being shaken by all this well don't be it twill be a restriction k and can't harm you at all effectively useless to link totally unless you need to remortgage with the same lender at any point.

so when you moved your hubby simply forget to pay the card? or had stopped paying it before then? any ideas when he last used or paid it?

and they

Hi. if for instance a default was issued in 2013 , and not paid they cannot pursue six years later plus 14 days later. Neither in my view should the put a default on your file, but as said earlier this is arguable from a legal standpoint

I have found though, that once you look into these things you will probably find the default notice was never issued.

Really you need to see the agreement a default notice and the claim etc.

Possible application to set aside? DX

It also seems lie a big jump from judgement to applying for a chargeing order, i believe the FCA guidance will have something to say about that.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

what or not paperwork they hold or is immaterial now ....CCJ trumps it all

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

so when you moved your hubby simply forget to pay the card? or had stopped paying it before then? any ideas when he last used or paid it?

the answer to the above will dictate where we go if anywhere with this.

and they

Well there is still the enforcement issue. Not sure i agree with the "Trumps it all" statement TBH. default judgement, respondent moved house so did not receive paperwork, workable SB defence?

Regarding the SB date, we know that the last payment date on a regulated agreement has nothing to do with the Sb, dont we?

Anyway I will leave you good people to it , best of luck to all.

If the debt is not sb'd there are no avenues for use on an n244 with regard to a basic defence over enforceability,  that boat sailed upon default judgement.

There have been several wins or discontinued claims here already whereby the default was registered months even years after last payment.

It doesn't look like the OP's debt is sb'd anyway if payments only ceased upon the 2015 moved.

There is still the correct address for the claimform issue to sort, but again it looks like it was correct so the 1st requirement of the n244 isnt met anyway.

Either someone's been hiding mail from their spouce... Or i really dont know...

and they

ok, here is our completed questionnaire.

Name of the Claimant ? LC Asset 1 S.A.R.L

Date of issue – . No Claim Form received.

Judgment or order on 18 November 2019

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – 

1.the claimant ('c') claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement referenced 5187913.... and opened effective from 21/11/2012. 

2.the agreement is regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 ('cca'), was signed by the defendant ('d') and from which credit was extended to d. 

3.d failed comply with a default notice served pursuant to s87 (1) cca and by 15/10/2019 a default was recorded. as at 15/11/2019 the defendant owed lloyds bank plc the sum of 1851.40. 

4.by an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to c effective 15/11/2019 and made regular upon c serving a notice of assignment upon d shortly thereafter. 

and c claims- 

1. 193140 

2. interest pursuant to section 69 county court act (1984) at a rate of 8 % per annum from 15/11/2019 to 20/10/2020 of 12583 and thereafter at a daily rate of 39 to date of judgment or sooner payment. 

date 20/10/2020              

What is the total value of the claim? £2202.65

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card 

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In our local branch

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Lloyds assigned/sold to LC Asset 1 S.a.r.l

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Have found out this evening whilst going through bank statements that, husband was paying by FPO monthly up to 28 February 2019 and no payments were made after that.  In his records for March 2019 he paid out a lot of money to have the car fixed and missed the March and April payments but having gone through our lever arches I cannot find any letters/monthly statements re his credit card since February 2019 and no emails from the credit card company since 2016.  

What was the date of your last payment? 28 February 2019

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No.

Just by way of interest, as we jointly own the house/mortgage, will the restriction k affect my credit rating/means of securing any loan etc. in the future?  

I have googled this question, but all can find is what relates to my husband's position and not mine.

Could we be made to sell our house?  

thanks in advance.  

Any more info you require, please don't hesitate to ask.

to answer your questions first:

no it won't affect you

no they can't make you sell your home.

what puzzles me is where numerous letters from link have gone too.  it will be lots too including a letter of claim

these statements from lloyds you have..do they have the correct address on them?

safe to say 3 things..

i can't see you can do anything about this, the debt was not SB'd.

likewise though, i can't see Link being able to do anything either.

however to continue the phase you are in, which is information gathering

on behalf of your husbands

i would send an sar to LLoyds, Link and Kearns.

On 07/01/2021 at 21:26, JimJams40 said:

an application for a charging order. 

could you possible scan this letter upto PDf please

read our upload guide carefully

dx

and they

to link in the UK,

copy and staple the kearns CO letter to your SAR just to make sure they know who you are

also id do belt and braces and send CTAX bill too then there will be no doubts upon your ID either.

so LLoyds + CTAX bill

Kearns + CTAX bill

Link UK Kearns CO letter+CTax bill.

15 hours ago, dx100uk said:

these statements from lloyds you have..do they have the correct address on them?

and they

we dont need to see the sar's we know what our template looks like

lloyds statement address?

17 hours ago, dx100uk said:

could you possible scan this letter upto PDf please

read our upload guide carefully

kearns letter please

and they

apologies I have misunderstood your request.  Will upload Kearns letter shortly.

The last credit card statement, which I found last night, was received in February 2019 and I can confirm that it has the current address on it.   

So you have proof now that Lloyds had the correct address before sale to link.

urm these sar returns are going to be fun!!

things are tilting toward a poss set aside

Dx

and they

Hidden 

you must remove things like claim numbers etc

read upload carefully and use utilities like  pdf reducer/merge site too

and they