You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

nichno

Claiming £201 & Halifax have taken £700 from account to pay CC Debt!! Help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4967 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I am pretty desperate for some advice. I emailed Halifax on the 20th November requesting £201 bank charges from my Cardcash account to be paid back. I received a standard 'Sorry to hear you are unhappy...hear from us in 4 weeks' letter a couple of days after on the 22nd November. Payday arrived on the 23rd and in the evening i noticed to my horror £688 cash had been taken from my CardCash account, i only get paid £996 a month! I rang the callcentre in a right state and was given the Retail Bank Collections number who informed me it was to pay off my existing £1600 Credit Card debt which is with Halifax also (the limit is £1000 so charges have been incurred to the tune of £600) which i had defaulted on. The lady said this couldnt be refunded (fair enough this is my fault for burying my head in the sand) and advised me to call back in a few days to agree a repayment plan on the remaining £960 or so. I checked my account Wednesday of this week and another £20 had been taken! I rang last night and agreed a short term (3-6 month) repayment of £50 a month starting on 23rd December and they said no more money would be taken from my bank account but im uneasy about this. I have had to borrow £700 from my boyfriend to live and get through Christmas etc. The problem is do i continue my claim for my £201 bank charges as i owe them money on my CC- i dont want them taking the remaining £960 from my Cardcash account after my next payday! Help!!!

You should still carry on your claim, those charges are rightfully yours back, but I do understand your worry. If it was me, I would set up a parachute bank account and use this to deposit you money into so that Halifax can't touch it, and work from that account. Don't close the account you have, but give yourself a safety net account somewhere else.

Sorry this has caused you worry so close to Xmas, very unfair:mad:

you can claim your credit card charges back too you know !!

get an SAR off to the credit card company too, get all those charges back and offset from what you owe........... just a thought

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 1.10.06 (chq cashed 6.10.06)

Acknowledgement recvd. 9.11.06...(1 day before 40 day limit)

prelim sent 13.11.06. (rcv.14.1.06)

ack.rcvd. 24.11.06

LBA letter sent 29.11.06

settlement offer 11.12.06 declined 13.12.06

called Halifax 0121-234-1068 3.1.07 ..........settlement letter for full amount of £1474 on its way ! won't be happy till money in my acct!

recvd settlement letter for the £1474. signed and returned. 5.1.07

Hi thankyou for those replies, i have applied for a Cashminder account over the phone (Friday 23rd), im hoping it wont take too long to set up! I didnt think of going for the CC charges although i think ill wait to move my main income to another bank Thanks