VCS 2*Vanishing Windscreen PCN's - now Claimform - Brook Retail Car Park, Ruislip

Thanks Dave - the updated page looks great! 🌟

Going to submit the defence next week.

I've had a closer look at the VCS deed.

There is no link with Zurich via GBR Phoenix which seems fairly typical of VCS. The Director of GBR Phoenix Beard has signed the deed but not printed their name as required. GBR Phoenix Beard went into liquidation on 3rd October 2019 so that contract with VCS is dead as your PCNs were issued in 2020.

It is a strange contract insofar as it doesn't insist that VCS complies with legislation relating to parking and to adhere to their Code of Conduct. It still means that their lack of planning permission for the signage means that they do not comply with their Code of Conduct  despite them saying that they do.

They have also misled the DVLA who assume that VCS are compliant with the Code of Practice so should not be given motorists data. 

VCS know they are in breach so had no reason to pursue your parents and have thus breached their GDPR.

• 2 weeks later...

N180's came through. Can I check this is correct?

No to mediation

Yes to small claims track being appropriate

Hearing venue: our local one

Expert evidence: No

Witness: 1 (presumably if I go with my parents, I'm not a witness but a lay rep)

The box where you list when you're not able to attend court is small - so I'm just going to continue writing dates next to the box. 

Then photocopy the paperwork and keep one copy, send one copy to court and one copy to VCS Litigation with the email & telephone number redacted via second class stamp but free proof of mail.

Got a letter from VCS Litigation that Elms have chucked them so presumably don't need to send it to Elms. VCS offering to settle for £185 - I guess that means they also know they're chancing it!

I think you're right, but wait for dx to pop in, dx is the N180 expert.

Why 1 witness?  As you say, you'd be a lay rep, not a witness.

Simon has included £50 legal costs in his claim - but now will be representing himself!  Another own goal from Simon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Dave! 1 witness because it says including yourself - so one witness would be each respective parent. Not me!

Okay sure I'll wait for dx to confirm.

I did think that - he has his own in-house litigation dept! What an extraordinary business model Simon runs to get other people to pay his employees salaries 😂

the claimform names a defendant...

that is the 1 wit..

dont have to inform that a lay rep is presenting, same as the opposition doesn't have to say they will be using a solicitor. Read and take a copy of the stuff about lay reps, it will be linked via the parking pranksters blogspot or website

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...