IDRWW - Dubai

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I left Dubai in 2018 and moved to Thailand to start a new job. I had an outstanding credit card debt with Emirates NBD and a bank loan with Mashreq Bank which I was paying on time and the full monthly amount from here in Bangkok.

I was flying back from Bangkok to UK via Abu Dhabi and as I was about to board my flight I was stopped at the gate and to cut a long story short I was arrested and spent 4 days in Police cells due to my bank loan security cheque being cashed due to one missed loan payment some 12 months earlier. The cheque was cashed for AED 75,000.00 which was bounced. Fortunately my wife paid the Judge at Al Barsha Police Station in Dubai AED 5,000.00 and my travel ban was lifted and I was free to leave the UAE and travel back to the UK and then travel back to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi with no problems.

Then covid-19 started and my salary was reduced by 50% and I couldn't pay Emirates NBD. I explained the situation and they didn't care. So I then received emails from IDRWW demanding money from me which I ignored and then went back to the bank and arranged a payment plan with their collections department over 12 months (AED 2,500.00). I then paid for 2 months before another member of Emirates Collection Department said this payment plan is not valid and they want the payment in full.

I got in contact with a UAE solicitor and he advised to stop paying my Mashreq Bank loan as they have already cashed my security cheque and have no hold over me. The outstanding balance is AED 13,000.00. He also advised me to stop paying the resettlement plan to Emirates NBD because it should of been agreed in writing and not by email which is not valid. He advised to stop paying Emirates NBD and wait for them to try to cash the security cheque for AED 54,000.00 which will then bounce and I will have to pay a fine for cheque dishonour. He said he can arrange to pay this as I am no longer in the UAE then he can negotiate with Emirates NBD on a reduced resettlement plan. He has also got me a good conduct Police Certificate and there are no criminal cases against me.

IDRWW are sending me weekly emails demanding payment or offering to help me and are also sending letters to my parents house. I own no property or have any assets in the UK and only rent property here in Bangkok.

I was just wondering if you are able to advise how to deal with IDRWW, should I just ignore them or write to them and provide details of my address here in Bangkok as I hate the fact they are getting my parents involved who are both in their 70's and don't need the hassle.

Many thanks.

hats off to the solicitor, nice to see some correct advice going out .

theres no need to use him to arranged reduced settlements if you wish... do it for free yourself directly

sadly there is little you can do to stop the harassment ....writing won't stop it either.

just make sure you lockdown all social media accounts as they will expand to embarrassing you to all your family even how remote they might be and any future employees with the same intimidation aimed at you to simply line their pockets.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

no please dont ask nor post that information.

HJ...you dont need one do it yourself follow the advice on your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Too be honest @HunkyJunky you don't need a solicitors help as advised by dx100uk

All the information you need is on this forum.

All what the solicitor told me was the same as what you can find on here. Just ignore any threatening emails or letters which come your way. Just ignore, ignore and ignore. I actually laughed at one of their letters when they said they will take money from my salary or from the proceeds from any property I sell.

I now live in Asia and don't plan on ever going back to the UK so not sure why IDRWW are wasting their time sending letters to my parents house when they have been told I haven't lived with my parents for over 30 years.

• Like 2