5 traffic PCN within 48hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Im in london. A road i regualrly use In southwark council was recently changed to taxi and buses access only. The sign is clear but for some reason i missed it and have been using it as per normal for weeks.

Just after Christmas i received the first penalty charge notice dated on the 18th Dec notifying me of my offence for the first time. A week later i have now received 4 other penatly notice charges where 3 where charged on the same day using the same location and 2 for the following day for the same road location. I was wondering if this is allowed by any council to give more than multiple penalty charge  notice within 48hours. I am quite worried to how many others will be coming through the post as i use the route quite regularly. 

Any advise will really help. 

4 hours ago, Mk24 said:

I was wondering if this is allowed by any council to give more than multiple penalty charge  notice within 48hours.

Of course it is allowed. If they were allowed to give only (say) two in 48 hours, you could commit your two offences then commit as many more as you like free of charge. A sort of "BOGOF" if you like! You could try a begging letter to them saying that you had not noticed the changes to see if they will be lenient, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the above response.

But what happened to the continuous 24 hours contravention i have read from others. Anyone here know anything about this. 

Edited by Mk24

Unfortunately for you, this is not a continuous offence. Each time you enter the prohibition lane you commit the transgression.

I suggest the action recommended by Man in the middle, ie a grovelling letter 

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you