• Tweets

• I have done so now I will see what they say.
    • Hi all,    So long story short, I have just received a notice of debt recovery in the post from dcbl. I opened it because it was addressed to Mr. so and so (my surname but for both first and last name) for an unpaid parking charge that was given back in 2017. I looked up the number plate and the car was actually my mothers car, same initials but different addresses. I think they may have chanced sending it to my address as this is the first time I have received any letter of the sort.    Should I call them and tell them this isn't the right address or just ignore it.    Thanks.   
    • Thanks dx100uk - I'm not sure what the council will do next so will wait and see and update later if there are any developments. Thanks to all on the site for the advice. This has been hanging over my head for so long - wish I'd done it sooner.  
    • You can't really legislate for what may or not happen....get the credit and then see what transpires.   Andy
    • Don't worry about it. Hermes try to wriggle out of every piece of obligation that they have. As soon as you put your parcel into the care of Hermes, it is up to them to look after it and if they are careless or if there staff are criminal – then it is up to them to deal with the problem. They can't pass the buck onto their customers. Can you tell us more about the dates, what it was, value – et cetera. Have you got a formal rejection of your claim from Hermes on the basis that it was stolen? Please could you post up in PDF. If you have some other notification from Hermes that it was stolen from the van then please can you post that up in PDF format. We would love to see it. Spend some time reading around a good dozen or so of the Hermes threads on this sub- forum so that you understand how it all goes. You're pretty well guaranteed to get your money back – but Hermes as usual will spend more than the value of it trying to block you. I don't know what Hermes business model is but it makes no economic sense to me to spend so much time trying to deprive their customers of what they are entitled to along with the reputational risk. Once you have read around the Hermes stories and also once you have read about how to bring a small claim in the County Court, come back here and we will take you through it.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Clipstone Motor Group wants to take me to court...bank refunded by chargeback

I need some advice.

I bought a car in March this year and it was not delivered to me till 28 May this year.

When I received the car it would not idle and stalled while driving.

I asked them to repair it and they said I should take it to a garage to have it repaired.

I did so and the garage found more issues

I connected the dealer with the garage and they said it was uneconomical to repair and would either replace the car with another or refund me.

We agreed a refund that to date I never received.

The car could no longer be driven

the dealer said they would send someone to collect it from the garage and that was the last I heard about the car.

That was June 26.

Since then as I have not got the refund back and the dealer is not returning my calls or emails

I spoke to the bank about a charge back.

They have agreed and processed it.

Tonight a get an email requesting me to return the vehicle, but I have no clue where it is as I left it to the dealer to collect from the garage as we agreed. I told the dealer that and now he is threatening legal action.

He also said he has experience in this and I will end up with a CCJ

Does anyone have any advice on where I stand with this?

I have proof that states they would collect the vehicle.

1stly please name names

the return of the car is not your problem.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Clipstone Motor Group wants to take me to court

thank you.

we also have years of dealing with motor traders too.

he can threaten a court claim all he likes, it is his responsibility to go get the car now.

until or unless you get a LETTER of claim via royal mail you are quite safe to ignore him.

if you wish simply reply to the email that the car is with the garage already advised

next time you buy a car have a look at the reviews 

Clipstone Motor Group - Google Search

have you sorted the V5C yet?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Clipstone Motor Group wants to take me to court.. crap car ..bank refunded by chargeback

I have sent a form (V62 i think it was) and a cover letter stating what happend to the DVLA and the dates I actually had possession of the car with the date I officially handed responsibility of the car back to thr dealer. To date the DVLA have still not actioned this letter. So the car has never been in my name so far. 

Edited by sephem

:rockon:

wack a crap review up on google too.

dx

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to Clipstone Motor Group wants to take me to court...bank refunded by chargeback

I called the garage and he has confirmed that someone has collected the vehicle.

He cannot give me details now as they are closed till the 4th of January, but said to call back then and he will see what info he has for me.

He said they did not even pay him for the work and he has just written the debt off.

thats crass, even ripping off other traders

and they