PCM PCN for parking in my airport works carpark but forgot permt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi People - I have had a similar problem...

I have been given a permit to park on the grounds of the airport at which I am based. The space in which I parked is one of several that are reserved for the company I work for. Due to a late shedule change, I simply forgot to place the permit on the "nearside dashboard" (as is explicitly required) and so have received a £75 parking charge notice from a company called Parking Control Services.

Now OK, I did forget to display the permit and their signs do seem to be quite carefully worded. I am simply amazed at the charge of £75 for an honest mistake. After all, I am based at the airport and the company I work for does have several permits (which they have paid alot of money for), one of which has been given to me! It is not as if the airport authorities could have missed out on any earnings from the space as it is allocated to my company!!

I've seen lots of people on this forum recommend just ignoring the problem, but I can't risk this as my car could be left for several days / weeks in the car park and they mention the possibility of towing cars due to non-payment!

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

I've seen lots of people on this forum recommend just ignoring the problem, but I can't risk this as my car could be left for several days / weeks in the car park and they mention the possibility of towing cars due to non-payment!

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Towing or clamping of the vehicle would be illegal.

My understanding (from watching some program on tv!) was that they had to have the permission of the land owner? They do have the permission of the land owner (as far as I know)...

My understanding (from watching some program on tv!) was that they had to have the permission of the land owner? They do have the permission of the land owner (as far as I know)...

It is illegal to clamp or tow a car for unpaid debt unless they are bailiffs authorised by a court.

Clamping/towing away/blocking in are all elements of "Distress Feasant" a remedy for trespass not for debt. (For more detail see the clamping guide in the stickies at the top of this forum.

I would suggest that no debt existed as you had a permit even thought you forgot to display it. If it came to court they would have to prove propriety rights to the car park to offer parking and charge for breaches to the conditions. They would also have to prove that the term fining is not unreasonable under the Unfair terms in consumer contracts. There's also the issue of a penalty charge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They may have permission to 'operate' on the land, but they need definite further permission/contract to act as an agent of the landowner and enter into contracts on the landowner's behalf.