Minster Baywatch/Gladstone Letter Before Claim. - Cotswold Lakeside Car Park (No PCN received).

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Today I have received a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones (attached). This is in relation to Cotswold Lakeside Carpark.

The same place as Kaleidosky. I remember pulling into this car park for no more than 10 minutes, to get my phone out and make a quick call.

Prior to this letter, I have not heard anything about a parking charge which apparently happened end of September.

I have recently moved, and my car is still registered at my family address.

Who also have not received any prior correspondence.

I have not received a Parking Charge notice despite the letter saying "full details of them having been sent to you by our client already".

The details on this Letter Before Claim are vague and I have no detail/evidence of the date/time/duration of my car park stay.

They have also not included the address of the car park in question.

Can somebody please advise me of how to move forward with this.

I have read through this forum and it mentions not replying using the form but writing a letter to them instead.

As I do not have a parking charge letter I feel I am already missing some key details. 

I have received a Letter Before Claim from Gladstones solicitors for failing to pay a parking fine from parking in Cotswold Lakeside Car Park in September.

I have recently moved out of my family home, and the letter states they tried to reach me a few days prior at an alternative address and have tracked me down which is fair enough. However, my family has not received a Parking Charge Notice nor has one been forwarded to me.

Therefore when I received a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones a couple of days ago... this is the first time I heard of the charge.

I remember entering the carpark at the end of September, where I pulled over to make a call on the way to my next job, this was definitely no longer than 10 minutes. 

After reading a very similar thread on this forum from the same carpark, I am looking for some advice on how to move forward with this.

The letter is sparse on details of the charge it only says the PCN number and date (30/09/20) and Land Cotswold Lakeside Carpark. With no address of the car park, no photographic evidence, no time or duration of the so called offence,

I feel strongly I should not be liable to pay the £155 asking charge.

I now have 15 days to reply, or they will proceed with court estimating at £260.

I have never had to deal with this type of issue before,

so any advise would be gratefully appreciated!

As I do not have much information on the incident I am unsure on what to include in a letter.

I shall send a SAR to the parking company Monday.

However, as I only have 11 days to reply to Gladstone, I will have to send them a letter before receiving a reply from the car park company. 

LetterbeforeclaimDec20.pdf

you need to reply with one of the many ericsbrother snotty letters here on CAG.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's not a fine, it's an invoice from a private company.  A private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.

It's strange you haven't received any prior communication at either address.  On Monday I would get along to the local post office and send the parking company a SAR.  It's free and you'll be able to get to the bottom of what they are saying you did wrong.  Get a free Certificate of Posting.

You also need to reply to Gladstones with a snotty letter to show you would be big trouble if they did start a court claim.  They are trying it on with all these inflated charges, even if you were bang to rights the invoice would be for £100.  

The first page of the letter is illegible.  Please will you follow our upload guide and repost the letter as a PDF.

Edited by FTMDave

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Minster Baywatch/Gladstone Letter Before Claim. - Cotswold Lakeside Car Park (No PCN recieved).
  • dx100uk changed the title to Minster Baywatch/Gladstone Letter Before Claim. - Cotswold Lakeside Car Park (No PCN received).

go back up to you post 1 

use the snotty letter you found in that thread.

your stay was less than 10mins

so pop that in too as there is a minimum stay of 10mins allowed at least, there is no set maximum.

pop it up here 1st.

PS read the letter CAREFULLY, you'll see gladstones don't say WILL anything

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thread tidied

dx

and they

And the letter is by normal post as mentioned. Never use Email when dealing with PPC's and the Will & John Gladstones shambles. Lay the 10 minute minimum Grace Period on the in the letter, as that has been confirmed in court as being  so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Ok thank you for the replies.

Although I am reluctant to mention the 10 minute period as I have no evidence of how long I stayed. As it was in September I cannot guarantee that as fact, so I don't want them to come back with evidence I stayed 12 minutes say.

.. It would be helpful to have the PCN so I can see what they are accusing me of although I won't have time to wait for that. I shall draft a letter and post it on here prior to sending for feedback. 

Read what i said..there is no stated max..

and they

I see you're getting info. from others in the same position - well done.  As you say, the lack of a PCN and the fact you're unsure about how long you were there are problematic.  So, being as generic as possible, and as a first draft, how about? -

"Dear Will & John,

much appreciated in providing me with a Letter Before Claim, it’s helped me understand how to fight against these types of con artists in the future.  In these dark days of panic buying & supermarket shortages, extra toilet paper is very, very welcome.

Just to be clear, I have no interest whatsoever in paying the £155 since it is a made-up ridiculous fee with no explanation behind the justification of this ludicrous sum of money you are trying to rob from me.  I'm sure you read DDJ Harvey's judgement in Lewes on 24 April.  Not very happy with the Unicorn Food Tax, was he?

This wasn't even a parking event!

Your clients can either drop this madness now or get a good hiding in court.  Up to them.  I quite fancy a well overdue holiday once all this COVID stuff is over and your clients' financing it after an unreasonable costs order under CPR27.14(2)(g) would do nicely.

COPIED TO MINSTER BAYWATCH"

However, don't just print it out & send it off tomorrow, wait a while and see what others think, the fleecers are giving you till mid-January to reply, and in reality they won't do anything immediately even then due to the Christmas post.

Looks good FTMDave,

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you for your help. As somebody in a previous thread has only recently sent the same solicitors a very similar letter quoting the unicorn tax, Lewes and covid, do you think that I am ok to send something so similar? Not sure if them being almost the same letter will strengthen or weaken my position. 

think you are missing the point of why you send that type of letter AN...

and they

AN,

Minster Baywatch don't really want to take motorists to court.  At small claims level informality and the non-use of solicitors are encouraged.  Even if they win, they can only claim £50 legal costs.  This is a huge problem for them as they are far, far too stupid to deal with a court case themselves and so inevitably go running to a local solicitor.  No way will 50 quid pay for a solicitor in court for half a day, indeed the entire amount they could win won't cover their costs.

They send out a LBC as a fishing exercise.  Some motorists will wet themselves upon seeing the word COURT and will cough up.  Those that don't reply are fair game, they might not reply to a claim from and may even have moved, resulting in a default win for the PPC.

The last thing they want is to deal with people who reply assertively and would be big trouble for them in court.  You need to be in this category.

Of course there are no guarantees.

So what if they trace the letter back to CAG?  They know we know our stuff legally and have seen them off on numerous occasions.

Send the letter off to Gladstones and again get a free Certificate of Posting.  Send a copy to Minster Baywatch, again with a CoP.  This is because Gladstones have a lot of previous of egging on their clients to start court cases, even if the case is pants.  After all, it's £££££ for Gladdys.

Do you know that the trade body the IPC, its appeals body the IAS and Gladstones are all run by the same people?  No conflict of interest there!  You're dealing with conmen, show them you've sussed their sordid little game and they are likely to pick on someone easier to bully.