Anytime Fitness

Jameskechum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Have seen a few similar posts around so sorry if this is repeating anything but I’m having the same issue

I have seen others mention with Anytime Fitness in that my contract ended 30 November but they have added on an extra 4 months to my contract without my permission for the months they were closed during the pandemic.

They are saying that this is classed as a “suspension period” however on reading my contract the suspension period is only for illness/injury,

there is nothing in the contract about contract suspension/freezes when the gym closes and cannot provide their service.

There’s no reasoning with them and I’ve seen similar stories on Trust Pilot etc so I’m not really sure where to go from here as i don’t believe I should have to pay beyond my 30th Nov end date.

Do you have any advice?

Should I just ignore them from now on?  

yes ignore

you have cancelled your DD yes?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi James and welcome to CAG

I doubt there's anything in the m/ship contract about suspension due to a pandemic virus - no one saw this coming !

Cancel the DD mandate yourself via your bank, online or by phone.

Forget "reasoning with them" as it'll get you knowwhere. All they want is your money, nothing else.

Stay off the phone from now on. If they keep on pushing for payment, let us know and we can suggest a letter telling them to clear off !

Keep us updated please ...........

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

Check your bank to ensure they've not taken a further payment for 30th December, depending on the date you cancelled the DD with the bank.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)