e-harmony (and other dating sites) pay plan trap....is it legitimate?

King John
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

I was thinking of making an account with e-harmony but found they have some ludicrous stipulations in their small print before purchasing a subscription and I wondered how enforceable these really are:

"I want to make use of all the Premium features for £8.96/ month for a total of £53.76 for a 6 month term. These prices include instalment fees of £3.00/ month for the “monthly payment” option that I chose. My subscription will automatically extend at a price of £17.90/ month including an instalment fee for "monthly payment" of £3.00/ month for a total of £214.80 for a 12 term and continue to extend on these same terms unless I terminate my subscription at least 1 day before the end of the then-current period. By choosing the “monthly payment” option. I authorise eharmony to charge my account now and for each future subsequent “monthly payment(s)” until the end of my subscription. After purchase, I can cancel, manage and terminate my subscription in accordance with the Terms & Conditions I agreed to."

I know this a bit of a silly question but does this mean that if I don't cancel before 6 months they will try to say I am contractually obliged to pay them £214.80? 

If so..... how enforceable is this? 

Many thanks in advance 

KJ

just like gyms and the shopping clubs etc

stuff and all they can do if you don't abide by their T&C's anyway.

people never realise they don't and can't ever enforce their T&C's, 

they don't show on credit files

they don't do court.

even if you do break them.

but they pay anyway. or think they have some magical powers and they have to pay whatever they demand.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...