Washing Machine breakdown

Boosh7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am posting here in hope you may be able to help. I have an extended warranty agreement with team knowhow. An engineer visited me Monday 14th December to fix my washing machine. He informed me that it he put a write off request in as they did not have the parts. I then discover that teamknowhow acknowledge the request Sunday 20th of December. Now, teamknowhow are telling me It could be upto 72 hours to receive a replacement voucher. I have not had a washing machine now for over 2 weeks, I have 2 young children and my wife us high risk. So, I am unable to follow government guidelines and wash my families clothes. Please please, can you help? 

• Andyorch changed the title to Washing Machine breakdown

Topic title amended.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Firstly, I'll be amazed if you can get anything done before Christmas and frankly amazing can get anything done before the New Year.

You have fallen foul of Currys PC World – and Team KnowHow either incompetent or else reluctant and uncooperative by design. We can't figure out which.

You also bought an extended warranty. Read what we have to say about extended warranties and how unnecessary they should be. A complete consumer rip-off asking consumers to pay money to repair goods which should not be broken and if they do break should be the responsibility of the retailer.

We do our best to help you – but I'm afraid as I said, it'll be amazing if you can get anything moved before the New Year.

Please tell us about the washing machine, confirmed that it was bought through Currys PC World. When did you buy? How much was it? This is the first time that it has broken down?

Just try and give us the whole story without too much narrative.

And I don't understand – what is all this stuff about a "replacement voucher"?

What's gone wrong with it?

OK, so I bought the washing machine May 2018. The machine has been problematic since I have had it. Probably had 6 engineer visits in the time. 

The weight has completely detached from the machine. Door and drum damage now also. When I first had the machine, I was told by the beko engineer on the first call out that internal bolts had not been removed at manufacture stage which caused initial problems and a new drum was fitted. 

The replacement voucher is provided if they cannot repair the machine and within a 7 day period from the engineer visit. It's now the 10th day, yet no voucher. 

Yes, I bought through curry's for 219.00. I had a 1 year warranty with beko. When I bought the machine, I decided to pay for 3 year cover with team knowhow so it would be there when the beko warranty ended. If you need more information please let me know. I really appreciate any help you offer. 

Thanks for this. So I understand that they have effectively written off the machine and promised you vouchers in order to get a new machine. Is this correct?

You are waiting for the vouchers in order to buy the new machine. Is this correct?

Hi, yes that's right. So, they promise to replace your machine if not repaired within 7 days. The issue I'm having now is they are claiming I have to wait upto another 72 hours to receive a replacement voucher. I have checked thoroughly checked the terms and conditions and this is not stated. 

So the washing machine was declared a write-off on 14 December which means according to their own undertaking it should have been placed on the 21st. Now they want extra time. When does the 72 hours expire?

What are you managing to do without a washing machine?

Yes. The crazy thing is that they claim on their system, it was deemed a write off Sunday just gone. 

I'm literally having to break guidelines and ask relatives to wash our clothes. It's really difficult to be honest. I have to keep my families clothing clean, so to me it is regarded as essential travel. I'm appalled to by team knowhow. In such torrid times, why won't they honour the contract and issue a replacement voucher. I am furious to be honest 

Sorry, the 72 hours will be Christmas day

I have screen shots of my conversation if you require? 

No need for screenshots.

I think the only thing you can do is to email them and to confirm everything that you've said here and that they have broken their promise and that you and your family are left without washing machine and that you want a definite date for the replacement to arrive.

I'm afraid that it's going to go on well after Christmas and we had better see how it goes before we decide what action you might want to take.

You're in a difficult position – and I think that you will have to think about claiming some compensation but it will be difficult. I think you need to make a very detailed note of all the difficulties and losses that you have suffered while waiting for the new replacement.

This fallen at a difficult time of year as I'm sorry there's not much we can do immediately

I hate to add to your woe's but I don't think they will replace the machine.

They will give you a voucher, which you can only use in selected shops.  You will have to go and choose your replacement machine and then wait for the company to deliver it.  This will all take further time.

This is based on my experience previously.

REMEMBER! Hunger is the enemy - NOT the hungry!

In that case we will have to look very closely at the terms and conditions of this so-called warranty