• Tweets

• Hi Schipoo,   You need to comply with the court letter of 12th Jan so should now reply to the HMCTS Tribunal (Tax Chamber) and the HMRC Solrs Office emails ([email protected] and [email protected]) as follows:-   Dear sir or madam,   I refer to HMCTS's email of 12th January and can confirm this is my email address for all communication.   Yours faithfully, Schipoo   Let us know how you got on with the police. Then we can decide on how to reply fully in the Tribunal process.
    • Attention BANKFODDER   Thank you for this. I am sorry you don't have time read everything. I find your comment about my letters being ineffectual is rude and condescending and discourages us (consumers) sharing our experiences, ideas views on this forum.  Which i thought was the point of this forum.     Concerning my letters, emails etc.  At the start of claim i like to fish, and also point out the relevant law.  The fishing helps and often i find process errors - which strengthens my legal claim.  Pointing out the legal basis and expected resolution of my claim early (and getting ignored), will help me increase the quantum. ie a failure to act reasonably. Which judges take very seriously. This is because both parties are expected to mitigate the others losses by working "reasonably" toward settling the dispute.    For example: Packlink wrote this - "Take into account that this type investigation requires the coordination of the different participants involved (driver, depot, warehouse, carrier's local offices), so it might be necessary to wait for a response from the different parties involved before being able to provide you with an answer" and said this can take up to 30 days. Hermes/Packlink responded in less than a day with standard copy and paste email.  Investigating the loss of a parcel is part of the service provided by Hermes/Packlink, and failure to do this with reasonable care skill is another breach of contract and strengthens my claim.    ***********   Lastly, i am interested to hear from others re the use of unfair contractual terms to discourage and put off valid contractual claims. Worse the fact they deliberately train their staff to believe this is law, and they happily mislead customers.  I have experienced this with Apple, Amazon, Hermes etc, etc. and it is getting worse, because helps to swell the companies profits. For consumers, it simply adds insult to injury.     I also believe misrepresenting the law to deprive others may be a criminal offence. If that is case, and others are getting as fed up as me as having take delinquent companies to law, to recover compensation, there may be an opportunity to get regulators involved.  For example ASA might be interested - because they are effectively trying to make you pay to cover yourself against the their breach of contracts.    Now if you want to help, please do so, otherwise let others contribute   Thank you       
    • What does the order that you posted in #46 say?   (I suspect that FTMDave may be suggesting that it would be preferable to have it all complete today so you don't have to run around like a headless chicken tomorrow.  I assume he has a day job that he has to do tomorrow).     Look simeon - I'm sorry, but how the hell would we know where they need to go?    I thought you had already sorted out the piling receipt and which attachment it was?    Where has the rubble truck come from and why haven't you mentioned it before?    Are the amounts for the rubble truck and the roofer already included in the £16577 you are claiming?  If they are, then haven't you already included them in your breakdown of the total and your attachments?  If they aren't already included and are still to be added in, then that means that you are claiming more than £16577.   I can't explain it any more simply than I have done already.  If you just cannot understand or assimilate what FTMDave and I are suggesting, then we really can't help you any further...     =================================================================================================   I would honestly suggest that you spend an hour re-reading and understanding some of the more important posts on this thread.   I think they are #105, #113, #120 and all the posts after #120.   THEN, you need to do what FTMDave suggests in #131 (having read and understood the posts noted above and reading #131 in the light of that understanding).   OK?  I'll look in after 5pm...
    • Afternoon    my three final bill is £35.78 i received a notification that the account on my credit report is settled. Surely it needs to be paid first before it’s settled
    • I did. But I have a problem with my laptop I think because it keeps using my info somewhere in the background even though I only ever use her name etc. I think it remembers me from an old case.    also, whenever I use the government gateway I get problems as it keeps using old logins from other people who I’ve helped in the past with tax returns. I’ve tried clearing cookies and  browsing history but it keeps happening. Eg I put in a gateway code and password but it shows as error because the password doesn’t match the code it’s decided to use. It’s driving me nuts. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Steel -v- Natwest

cassie1979

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been reading through the threads already on the system and have just applied for my bank statements for the last 6 years. I have just got back off holiday (when I got married). Before I went I cancelled all direct debits on the account because with the cost of the holiday and the wedding I was just going to put them all of for a month and then reinstate them. We got lots of phone calls while we were away to do with the charges which were amounting. I was told by Natwest that I did cancel them but the companies should have been contacted also, which I know is my own silly fault but I thought they should have told me. Anyway the upshot of this is that I have incurred over £400 of charges in two weeks :mad: :mad: .

I was wondering if anyone would advise as to whether I am better off going via the Financial Ombudsman or whether I am better taking it to Court.

If I go to Court I would like to take it all the way so that a precedent is set!!

I think you will have to follow the tried and tested route used on this site to get your money back. I think thats your best bet. Doubt you will get to court, £400 to a bank is really isnt worth blinking over.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NatWest £4940 with contract interest prelim sent 13/11/06

Recieved first bogoff letter 18/11/06

HSBC £320 with contract interest, prelim sent 12/11/06

Natwest Visa £825 with contract interest, prelim sent 15/11/06

Barclaycard S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 7/11/06

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 7/11/06

Shell Visa S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 15/11/06

Amex S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 7/11/06

Hi

There will be a lot more from previous months as well as these charges :mad: . There must be almost £2,500 over the past 6 years. I just get all my bills paid and then the over the overdraft charge takes me over ready for the next month! Just a vicious circle! :Cry:

Hi

There will be a lot more from previous months as well as these charges :mad: . There must be almost £2,500 over the past 6 years. I just get all my bills paid and then the over the overdraft charge takes me over ready for the next month! Just a vicious circle! :Cry:

Hi Casie,

Fraid that is what happens to us all - Have a good read around the site and start the process. Highly unlikely you will get to court as you will see from the NW successes.

Good Luck

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Gizmo111 and thanks for the reply.

I am still waiting for my bank statements although it has only been a week so far but no acknowlegement yet.

I have totalled up the last year as I have these statements and this is coming up to nearly £1,700 so I can only guess what the rest will be.

I am a law student and fortunately I should be able to combine this with my studies for my disetation.

Cassie

Great stuff Cassie, so in a nutshell you'll be getting paid to do your studies...brilliant.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Urgh, Natwest are a total bunch of ******!!!!

Well got the £400 back for the recent charges after lots of shouting! They have still not admitted it was not their fault:mad: . But they will not let me complain further. I have taken the advice of the Financial Ombudsman and will be sending a letter of complaint by recorded delivery! Will be going for the rest now, I have just got three years of back statements for one account but am still waiting for the rest. They have taken £5 from my account for this as well, so they have taken the money they can provide the service!

However I am trying to set up another account as a fall back account I have applied to Halifax but they have declined does anyone know of a bank that would be worth trying or whether one of the building societies would be the way forward. I have not got a very good credit rating.

Thanks in anticipation!! :rolleyes:

Who did you complain to? If it was the branch then you can further to customer relations unit borehamwood, if you then it is Financial Ombudsman Service. It is true that the branch could have advised you to cancel them with the company, but why £400 charges if you already cancelled them with the bank?

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

Thanks Emma I will have a look at that.

It turns out that the bank never cancelled them in the first place. They were all just lying about what had happened on the account, one person actually said since it is all computer generated and there is no human input mistakes sometimes happen. This is after speaking to about 6 muppets on the telephone who were all telling me different stories. Well I have got my money back for that mistake (although they are not admitting anything) will just have to wait and see for the next stage, but I have made a detailed telephone note of everything said in case I need it in the future.

I am sure that it is criminal what they have been doing .... giving me false information so that I cant complain and not giving me the full facts ... I would say that it is bordering on fraud!