PCMUK Ltd - ANPR PCN now PAPLOC- St Michaels Retail Park, Basingstoke ***Cancelled by landowner***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to PCMUK Ltd - ANPR PCN - St Michaels Retail Park, Basingstoke

Just had a visit to the retail park this afternoon. Further NEW signage has been added to the existing, poor signage. I'm taking this as an admission original signage wasn't fit for use?

Also got warning signs still displayed by members of staff outside in the car park as well as inside Costa Coffee itself.

St. Michael's Retail Park visit - 23.12.2020.pdf

• Like 1

Superb work.  It just gets worse & worse for PCM.

Keep a list of approximate dates when all these changes took place.

Even better, as you see to be on good terms with Nando's, would it be possible to contact them and get the exact dates?  I presume they would know giving all the hassle PCM is causing them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon gents,

After ringing Andy's office for an 8th time, and leaving ab 8th urgent message, I've finally had a reply which is below.

Hi Scott

I hope this finds you well.

Thank you for your email. Firstly apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I have been off on annual leave and also picked up a spell of Covid prior to Christmas.

You are correct we do manage the estate on behalf of the landlord. Like you we do not want the parking enforcement in place however it is something that has been forced upon us as a planning restriction of the recent short stay car park development. We are doing our best to try and make a case to the Basingstoke local authority that the restrictions should not be in place and parking fines to be stopped. As it stands we have an obligation to enforce this and failure to do so would mean a breach of our planning restrictions which in turn could result in major fines being issued to the landlord. To be clear we see absolutely no income from parking fines and have received nothing but bad press from the situation.   

I am currently working with PCM to try and implement more signage, as it stands there are 6 signs stating it is short stay car park and PCM have confirmed that the quantities and locations are all approved and authorised by the IPC (international parking community).

I would like to offer our apologies regarding the matter and I will be including your complaint in our case to the relevant planning authorities.

Regards,

Andy Conway MRICS

Management Surveyor

CHP Management Limited

To which I have replied:

Morning Andy,

Thanks for your reply and your apologies. 

Where does that leave us in regards to the charge PCM are enforcing?
Currently the initial charge of £60 has escalated to £160
and has now been passed on to a debt collection agency
and are threatening court proceedings in the near future.

As the management company the landlord has employed,
do you have the power to call off PCM UK Ltd?
If not, could you give me the contact details of the landlord
so I can speak to them. 

I have pictures dated the end of December
showing further new signage erected since my last visit in October
and pictures inside Costa and Nandos of notices to the public
about the parking. Why can't PCM UK Ltd admit they were at fault?
They seem like bullies to me.

If court is where this is heading,
then I'll see it through until the end because I,
along with many other people that have been handed these fines,
don't believe I am in the wrong here.

Regards,

Scott 

Any thoughts? I have also attached the 2nd letter from Trace Debt Recovery that I got last week.

2nd Trace Letter.pdf

Why are you allowing him to believe they are fines and then you yourself do so...wake up!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm going to try and get a phone call with this Andy bloke. What do you suggest I say to him on the phone to not put my foot further in it and to also get my point across?

I should never have replied in the first place. I feel like I've just admitted guilt and screwed myself over with communicating with these crooks. Do you think it may be worth getting in touch with the council who imposed these restrictions?

Edited by theSC0TT

Slow down!

You're in a brilliant position legally (due to all the good work you've put in, photographing the signage and contacting Nando's).  It's highly unlikely that PCMUK will take you to court, and if they did they would be humiliated with all the proof of their pathetic signage.  You don't really have to do anything.

I only suggested to contact the landowner as a belt & braces approach.  This Andy bloke has been told the landowner will be in hot water legally if PCMUK sue you.  Leave it at that.

Relax now, but come back here if you get a Letter Before Claim.

Keep a record of all the changes in the signage with approximate dates.  You seem on good terms with Nando's and Costa, if you can get the exact dates from them, even better.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Okay, I'll wait them out! I've had a look into worst case scenario, as I'm that way inclined. With the £160 charge, I'm probably looking at £250ish total, including court fees. For the sake of an extra £90, I'm happy to go to court and argue my case. 

What makes you think PCM won't take me to court? They seem to be sticking by their guns if they've given the debt to another agency.

Because we've seen the PPCs' antics a thousand times.  They always refuse appeals.  On every occasion they send out the same standard "threatening" letters.  In each case they then involve a third party to pretend the matter has somehow got more serious and the sum owed has increased.  It's got nothing to do with "sticking by their guns", it's what they always do, whether their case is good or if it's pants.

What do you think an unbiased judge would decide when you prove there was no sign at the entrance, just one in the car park at the height of the stratosphere, that the cafè owners had to stick up their own signs to protect their customers, that ages after your visit PCMUK finally installed decent signage, etc., etc? 

3 hours ago, theSC0TT said:

Do you think it may be worth getting in touch with the council who imposed these restrictions?

Nothing to do with any council its private land, now if the original planning permission said diff and i bet it does..and i doubt theres planning permission for the signs etc anyway

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, theSC0TT said:

they've given the debt to another agency.

Debt has gone nowhere..a dca is not a BAILIFF

And have

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt..no matter what it's type

and they

• 3 weeks later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to PCMUK Ltd - ANPR PCN now PAPLOC- St Michaels Retail Park, Basingstoke

top right red banner search 

snotty letter.

and they

There are also numerous examples on "Letter Before Claim" threads yesterday & today.

Update:

I have had a phone call about 10 days ago with the land owner stating their hands are tied in accordance with the planning permission for the 30 minute maximum stay and they need to enforce the parking charge, however he was going to email the PPC to see if the charge could be cancelled.

I rang him back about 5 days ago, asking for an update. No answer, left a voicemail. Nothing heard.

Got in touch with the local newspaper and they seem very keen to publish the story. I gave the reporter the email of the PPC and the land owner and they got in contact with the land owner.

Almost immediately, I got an email from the land owner saying the charge could be cancelled "as a one off, would have to confirm." He also asked me if I had been in touch with the media, to which I replied "yes" as I wasn't getting anywhere going down the official avenues. I'm now waiting for him to get back to me regarding cancelling the charge. 

Well done on the phenomenal amount of work you've put in to see off these vermin.

Hopefully the landowner will have the sense to demand - not ask - that PCM cancel the invoice.

In any case you have till the end of the month to reply to Gladdys.

Gents, we won.

After hassling the land owner and passing the story on to a reporter, the land owner has informed me the parking charge has been cancelled. I have still went ahead and given to nod to publish the story in the local newspaper. The more people know about it, the less money in the pockets of these parking charge cowboys.

Thanks and appreciate all your help!

https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/19072973.man-will-make-point-court-falling-victim-parking-charges-st-michaels-retail-park/

• FTMDave changed the title to PCMUK Ltd - ANPR PCN now PAPLOC- St Michaels Retail Park, Basingstoke ***Cancelled by landowner***

well done on you

shame you cant stop that idiot in the newspaper calling it a FINE several times.

when are these media people going to LEARN.

and they

Good to see they've done a second story on you  https://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/19074577.man-stood-ground-st-michaels-retail-parking-charges-gets-debt-cancelled/

Hilariously I tried to register after the first story to counter the comments from the best-to-tug-your-forlock-and-give-in-merchants, but initially the site said I'd registered before and wouldn't accept me.  So I tried to log in with my favourite password and managed to.  Goodness knows what had brought me to the Basingstoke Gazette in the dim & distant past as I've no connection with the place (!!!)  Anyway, have tried to back you up on the first story and will add a comment to the second tomorrow (also setting the journalist right about "fine" dx!)

Well done on going to the local rag, all this will empower others who would have given in to fight back.

Make sure you keep all the communications from the landowner.  PPCs have been known to "lose" these in the past and try to go for for the ticket again.