APC Overnight.

FaSa15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I was just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with APC overnight courier services? 

I ordered a tv through a company called Hughes a few weeks ago, they deliver through APC overnight.

The tv was meant to be delivered between 2.45 and 4.45 on Friday 11/12 but they decided to deliver it at 11.59am 

there wasn't anyone in to open the door.

I didn't think anything of it and rescheduled the delivery for Wednesday 16/12. 

Last Monday I realised the depot was 5 minutes away from my house

I called to see if I could collect the tv myself, and was told it was scanned for delivery that day and should be with me by 8.00pm.

The tv never turned up

I left it until Wednesday afternoon when I called just to see if they had any time allocations.

All they could say is that it was out for delivery again.

Lo and behold its now Monday 21/12 and I've still not had any delivery, even though I spoke to someone on Thursday and then again Friday who then rescheduled the delivery date for today. 

The company I purchased the tv from also contacted APC on Friday and all they would say to him is that its out for delivery, but that's all I've been told since last Monday and I'm worried that they are fobbing me off and they don't actually know where it is. They did say they've had couriers scanning packages for delivery but then taking the day off, not true how that is but that's also not my fault. 

Is there anything I can do or any way I could find out the name of the manager at that depot to speak to?

I've tried twitter (I have actually tweeted them everyday) but they've stopped replying to my tweets. 

Thanks. 

The responsibility rests with the supplier. You could make a claim against the courier company but it will be easier to claim against the retailer.

Presumably you bought this television online. In that case you are protected by the distance selling rules under the consumer contracts regulations 2013 and you have a 14 day cooling off period.

You can reject the TV for any reason and so I suggest that you contact Hughes and tell them that you are rejecting the TV because it hasn't been delivered and it is beyond the timescale and that you are asserting your rights under the consumer contracts regulations.

I imagine that that will get them going and focused and they will take steps to find the TV. If you decide that you definitely don't want it then you are entitled to a refund which has to be made fairly quickly – I think normally 14 days.

I suggest that you found them and reject the TV and then very importantly you must follow-up in writing – an email will be okay if you have their email address.

Thank you so much. I'm so glad I discovered this site. I will be giving them a call tomorrow. I was actually expecting a call back today from the representative I spoke to but I've just had enough now. 

Thanks again