New tenants

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello could someone give me some advice please, it’s a bit long winded...

My daughter and 4 others rents a private house between them whilst at uni.  

They signed and paid the final payment in July 2020.  

Because of covid restrictions they couldn’t pick up the keys or even enter the property until 1st September, they moved in on the 4th, read the meters and sent these reading to British Gas and started an account with them.  All good so far.  

2 weeks ago they received a demand from Glide Students utility company for over £300 for usage between June and the BG new contract despite not being in the property or using any energy etc.  The house had been empty since the previous tenants left as the uni shut.  Nobody has been living there, meters shut off, nothing.  

The June final readings from the previous  are estimated, the bill shows this.  They have carried on charging for estimated usage.  The meter readings from June are higher than the actual from September, let alone what they say has accrued in those 4 months.   I have tried to speak to them on the girls behalf, with their permission, and all that’s been offered is a £30 discount.

The head tenant is getting daily texts demanding payment, she phoned glide when they took over the property to inform that they would be going with BG, must have got her number then.  They keep threatening to charge her card even though they have no card on file or even any agreement between them.

I have repeatedly messaged them, spoke to them, they say they will sort it but it continues and it causing a great deal of stress to the girls.

Thanks for getting this far, any advice please would be gratefully received.  OFGEM? Ombudsman?

Best regards. 

Edited to add, Glide asked for proof of the moving in date and the September readings to sort this when I first spoke to them, they were sent to them but it made no difference.

It will be the Standing Charge rolling on from the previous tenants and whilst its been unoccupied ...they think they can pass it on to the new tenants.  

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well you have the dates...the new meter readings...you can work out what Standing charge is due from your dates.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Harassment ...phone calls....letters/texts only become a problem if you respond...you know how much you owe and to who.