unpaid dd notice despite gym membership cancelled ***Resolved***

adri578
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I have read a few similar threads on this website but it's the very first time I deal with a debt collection case.

It makes me feel super anxious and I will be grateful if you could please confirm if there is anything I should do.

I signed up to a local gym in August (£10 DD payments taken on 15th), however decided to cancel the membership as of October. 

The membership Ts&Cs stated a 3-month fixed period with a 30-day notice period.

I contacted the gym via social media and asked them to cancel my subscription on 12 Oct.

They confirmed in writing they had cancelled it and that the final payment would by 15 Oct.

On 15 Oct DD was processed - fine, I passed the fixed term, all dues paid, I forgot about the case.

Then on 15 Nov I noticed another £10 was taken from my bank account.

I contacted the gym, they said sorry for this, we will process the refund, etc.

I cancelled DD via bank and hoped the case had been resolved.

But yesterday I received an email from Debit Finance Collections Plc saying that I have an unpaid DD payment and they charge me additional £15 on top of the gym membership fee £10 (!) and that I need to pay within 7 days otherwise further penalty charges will be added.

I sent an email to this company and contacted them via a form, provided screenshots from my conversation with the gym where it clearly states they cancelled the subscription and the last payment was made on the 15th of Oct.

Not sure what else I should do, I will try to call them on Monday.

Should I ignore their emails and attempts of contacts as advised in previous similar topics?

Thank you,

A.

Firstly, please will you avoid posting long solid blocks of text. It's very difficult for people to read especially on smaller screens. Well spaced and punctuated please.

You don't need to worry about this and you don't need to worry about Debit Finance Collections PLC but you might want to send them a curt message

Dear Sir/Mdm

I have received your demand for payment plus a fee reference number XXX.

You must be joking.

Good luck

Signed

done.

a dca is not a bailiffs and has zero legal powers on any debt.

you are safe with gym debts to totally ignore everyone 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Adri and welcome to CAG

What gym were you a member of.

Don't make any further attempt to call the gym, or the jokers at DFC. You'll be wasting your time.

Did you get back the £10 taken by DD on 15th Nov'r. If not, contact the bank and tell them you require this to be refunded under the DD Guarantee Scheme as the fee was taken after you'd cancelled the m/ship.

Ignore further contact from DFC but keep us posted.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Good news but have you got the £10 back that was taken without authority by DD ?

Don't let them get away with this. 😎

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

You are right. The gym confirmed they had processed the refund and I should get £10 back by the end of the year. If no money has been received in the first week of January, I will contact my bank for the refund.

8 hours ago, slick132 said:

Good news but have you got the £10 back that was taken without authority by DD ?

Don't let them get away with this. 😎

If you're happy to wait, that's your prerogative. 😎

Please update us IDC. 

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the update...we don't close threads but will update your title.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Andyorch changed the title to unpaid dd notice despite gym membership cancelled ***Resolved***