Apple: Can I do a credit card chargeback for this issue?

FelixFelix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the back story, please scroll down for the question on the chargeback, thank you.

In october I purchased with my Mastercard a new apple ipad air 4 from apple. At the same time I bought an apple pencil from amazon.

Unfortunately within a few weeks of use I realised the apple pencil was defective and had damaged my new ipad (its a known issue with users but apple don't formally acknowledge it which is typical for them)

I spoke to apple on an online chat, sent images and they agreed online to replace both products.

I had to go to an apple store to do this but was assured I would get the swap.

When I got to the shop they disputed the online decision but agreed to return and refund the full cost of the ipad as they could not provide me with a replacement unit due to no stock. I was told that the funds would be back on my card in a few days and that I could go ahead and just buy another ipad from another retailer if I could find one as they were fast selling out. I did this fully expecting my refund to go through within the week. That was on the 29th of Novemeber. They told me to return the pencil to amazon, who refunded me straight away.

After a week and no refund I contacted apple who told me the shop had made an error in how they put my refund through, I was transferred to the store who told me they are unable put the refund through again and they had to pass it to their financial team. I was then told I would have the money in 10 days but probably much sooner.

Well it was 10 days yesterday and still no refund, I called apple again who advised that it was actually 10 working days I had to wait (so the 22nd of Dec) and that their was nothing they could do, they told me they could not give me any update or contect me to the finance team.

I have been waiting nearly three weeks for my refund now and I have little faith it will actually show up by next tuesday and then if it doesn't all they will do is escalate it to finance again and I'll have to wait another working days for them to sort it out.

Chargeback Query?

Somebody mentioned that I might be able to do a chargeback on my credit card to get the money back from apple but I am not sure if this is possible.

Apple took payment of £579.00 on October the 18th when I pre-ordered my ipad, so perhaps that is too long ago?

I have the receipt apple gave me when they returned the ipad with the amount that was due to be refunded and a copy of the transcript for the chat where apple initially agreed to replace both products, although that never happened in the end due to low stock.

Do you think I could do a charge back for this case?

If so how would I go about it, do I just call my credit card provider?

Also should I give apple till Tuesday to actually refund my money or do I just start the chargeback now if possible?

Welcome to the Forum.

Please follow the link below.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread