Erudio/Drydens PAPLOC Now Claimform - old SLC Loans never deferred to Erudio - i said SB'd - they said not! ***Claim Withdrawn***

Foxtrot77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, intrigued by this thread as I'm in a similar position. 

Around the time that my loan was sold to erudio

I had some severe health problems that have prevented me from working over the last five years.

I have never sent erudio any written correspondence as I was severely unwell. I had to get a social worker to help me contact them, as they had told me that I'd lost the right to have my loan written off at age 50.

My social worker asked if i could have the loan written off due to my disability but they refused on the basis that I couldn't prove I was disabled for life.

Since then I have only had account updates from them, no deferment forms have ever been sent.

Now I've received a letter from their solicitor delivered to the wrong address that my neighbour has passed to me, telling me I am about to receive a CCJ.

I just wondered how you have proceeded with them, did you manage to get them off your back?

I am upset at getting this letter just before Christmas. 

Around the time that my student loan was sold to erudio I developed some severe health problems that have prevented me from working over the last five years.

I have never sent erudio any written correspondence as I was severely unwell. I had to get a social worker to help me contact them, as they had told me that I'd lost the right to have my loan written off at age 50.

My social worker asked if i could have the loan written off due to my disability but they refused on the basis that I couldn't prove I was disabled for life.

Since then I have only had account updates from them, no deferment forms have ever been sent.

Now I've received a letter from their solicitor delivered to the wrong address that my neighbour has passed to me, telling me I am about to receive a CCJ 

I am upset at getting this letter just before Christmas. Anyone got any advice for me? 

they sent out 1000's of these to see if they can scam mugs into giving them free money to pay their xmas staff party drinks bills.

have you moved since you last deferred to SLC?

and when was that?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply, yes I had to move a few times within a 2 year period so things got very stressful and confusing. I am settled now in my own place and hadn't had any correspondence from drydenfairax until now as they were sending letters to the wrong address! I moved here in 2015 but from 2013 - 2015 I had 4 different addresses

last deferment ... to slc ?? poss when before 2013?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm afraid I don't remember

since they sold the loans to erudio,

I haven't signed anything or sent any deferment forms

I was very concerned about the new terms and conditions

didn't want to agree to anything in writing without properly understanding what I was agreeing to.

Since then I've only spoken to them on the phone. I've had no written correspondence with slc since 2014 

sent them our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library 

and they

if you've not deferred since 2013 it is 

yes send it to drydens

and they

• 1 month later...

I had drydensfairfax send me a County Court claim with the threat of a CCJ.

I have replied to the court with my defence, this bought me an extra 14 days to respond.

After I sent my defence online, the court wrote to me to say I have another 28 days to try and sort this out with drydensfairfax before the court proceedings.

I'm guessing that if I contact them and request a payment plan then I might not get a CCJ.

I've had no written contact with drydensfairfax or erudio since erudio took over the debt, but as I understand it, the loan is not definitely statute barred because the six years does not begin from the date that I last deferred my loan or had contact with the loan company but from the date of the first default notice from Erudio.

This would be within the six year period.

So I'm not counting on my loan being statute barred.

If you want to buy some time then you could go down this route, but you may incur additional court fees being added to your outstanding debt.

shouldn't be too steep if it's under 10k so maybe worth the risk, I took the gamble.

I'm now deciding whether to contact drydensfairfax and suggest a payment plan, or risk getting a, CCJ which ideally I don't want! 

F77 thats not correct

and

not the correct action to take.

were you advised to do that on your thread? posts now moved

and they

• 3 months later...

Update to this post.

Drydensfairfax started CCJ proceedings against me just before Xmas.

I responded to the court and said that I wanted to defend the claim.

I said that I believed my loan was statute barred, though I did take legal advice to use the correct terminology for the court.

The court returned the claim to Drydensfairfax to try and get them to resolve it with me, and they then returned the account to Erudio who looked into it and then wrote to me to tell me that the loan was indeed statute barred and they have now closed down the account and I owe nothing.

I'm so pleased I defended the claim as if I hadn't then I'd have a CCJ on my credit file and have had to deal with bailiffs!

Erudio never properly dealt with my account from the start, they were acting like a debt collector and I was never able to deal with them due to my health problems, and I'm so happy that I won this.

I would have had the loan written off anyway aged 50 but Erudio tried to tell me this was not the case.

They are a terrible company, don't let them get away with it! 

glad we helped, all our erudio claimform threads tell you how to defend and what to do without wasting money on Solicitors 

and they

have you had notice of discontinuance?

and they

1 hour ago, Foxtrot77 said:

Drydensfairfax started CCJ proceedings against me just before Xmas.

bit confused as to why you didn't telll us from december onwards you'd actually had a court claim...

and they

I was under extreme stress with the circumstances being what they were. I am physically disabled and have ADHD. I was recently bereaved in the middle of a global pandemic so wasn't even able to see my family for support and I received the CCJ literally a couple of days before Christmas, they had sent it to the wrong address, so I was extremely under pressure.

I did what I could do to help myself under the circumstances and have let you know what happened when I was able to, after a very long wait Erudio sent me a letter about 2 months ago saying my account would be closed and that no money was owed. I'm just letting you know so that other people can do the same. So there is your answer to the confusion. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/Drydens PAPLOC Now Claimform - old SLC Loans never deferred to Erudio - i said SB'd - they said not! ***Claim Withdrawn***

post moved to the correct thread and thread title updated 

and they