Panasonic Microwave from John Lewis

Netnapha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Panasonic Microwave from John Lewis on the 27th July 2020, it started to cut out after 30 days . John Lewis will not replace or refund as their 30day guarantee is up ! I have got to deal with Panasonic, they arranged for it to be collected by IVTV repair company . They had 3 weeks, firstly saying there was no fault then saying it needed a spare part , delivered back to me and it packed up again . They have now had three times for repair and was delivered back on Saturday , plugged into a different socket and still it cuts out. I’ve even emailed Panasonic a video of it cutting out! But still nothing. John Lewis have said they cannot do anything until they get an uplift code from Panasonic!!! I’ve been going round and round for months , I need help please , many thanks 

I purchased a Panasonic Microwave from John Lewis on the 27th July 2020,

it started to cut out after 30 days .

John Lewis will not replace or refund as their 30day guarantee is up !

I have got to deal with Panasonic, they arranged for it to be collected by IVTV repair company .

They had 3 weeks, firstly saying there was no fault then saying it needed a spare part , delivered back to me and it packed up again .

They have now had three times for repair and was delivered back on Saturday , plugged into a different socket and still it cuts out.

I’ve even emailed Panasonic a video of it cutting out! But still nothing.

John Lewis have said they cannot do anything until they get an uplift code from Panasonic!!!

I’ve been going round and round for months ,

I need help please , many thanks 

Firstly, please can you avoid making posts with a solid block of text. It's very difficult to follow especially on small screens and it discourages people from giving you the help that you need.

I'm very surprised John Lewis. I think in 15 years we probably had about two complaints about them. Normally this is the kind of thing you expect from Currys PC World.

John Lewis are wrong. You bought the item from them and it is their responsibility. Although it might be more convenient all round to get Panasonic to deal with it, at the end of the day it is the legal responsibility of John Lewis.

I think you should write to John Lewis – send them an email – and threaten them with legal action. I know this seems very rapid – but on the basis of what you have said, you have given them a lot of chances to deal with it and of course they have been fobbing you off to Panasonic.

If you are prepared to threaten legal action and then issue the claim papers we will help you. It's very easy but it is worth looking around this forum to understand the steps involved before you start. It will give you confidence.

I'm quite certain that once somebody intelligent at John Lewis realises that there is trouble – which means that the claim papers will be issued because don't expect them to respond particularly well to a letter of claim – that they will then acknowledge their mistake and put their hands up.

I expect you will then be given a new microwave oven – and maybe even some compensation.

Let us know what you want to do

Thank you I’ve been on the phone to JL for an hour as they wanted to contact Panasonic but I said no !!

I told them that’s their responsibility and refused for them to contact Panasonic.

They have now admitted that it’s within my rights for a refund or replacement plus a goodwill gesture of £25 !!

New microwave being delivered free of charge 3days time !!!

• Like 1

Good – well done.

Let us know if there is the slightest hint of any further problem. If they give you any more aggravation then you could at least increase the value of the goodwill gesture.

Well done for sticking up for yourself – and now you know where we are, come back any time you have any further problems with anybody.