NCP PCN - Lincoln Brayford Street LN5 7BJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone offer some advice on this please? I parked in the Lincoln Brayford Street car park for a couple of hours in October. Arrived at 17:57:58 and left 19:59:38 (evidence provided by NCP) When paying by cash at the machine, I noticed there was an overnight rate from 6pm which was considerably cheaper than the standard price for 2 hours purchased before 6pm. 

I therefore waited by the machine for a minute and when the clock turned 6pm, paid the overnight rate and displayed the ticket in the windscreen of the rental car I was driving.

Nearly 2 months later, I received a penalty charge saying that I had not paid for peaking saved was liable for a £100 fine (reduced to £60 of paid within 14 days) - they included pictures of me arriving and leaving the car park as evidence. However, no photo of the wind screen not displaying the parking slip.

I appealed detailing the above, but unfortunately no longer had the parking slip. They have rejected the appeal but I can't bring myself to pay the fine because I paid for parking!

Do you think it's with my taking the appeal to the independent adjudicator or simply refusing to pay? Or do I just pay the fine?

Thanks for any advice or opinions you might care you give.

not sure where you are getting the idea this is a fine, a penalty charge notice.....

its not a fine and its a speculative invoice. a parking charge notice.

please complete this:

Have you received a Parking Ticket? - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group

shame you appealed as you've shot yourself in the foot? by identifying yourself as the driver?

removing the protection you had under POFA2012

next time don't ever appeal.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm just guessing, but it may be that they reckon you didn't pay for the mighty two minutes and two seconds before 6pm.  If so, the claim would be easy to bat away as it could easily take you a couple of minutes to find a parking space, dig out cash, walk to their machines, etc.  In fact there is a ten-minute grace period. 

That is of course if you haven't given NCP "too much info." in your appeal.

Please fill in the sticky dx suggested, upload the PCN (suitably redacted) plus exactly what you wrote in your appeal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to NCP PCN - Lincoln Brayford Street LN5 7BJ