John Lewis Barring letter - please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I’m really hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I’ve not slept and feel sick with worry regarding an email I received from John Lewis on Friday.

I have been a customer with them for over 15 years but they emailed me Friday advising me the amount of online returns and items gone astray is not sustainable and the business relationship must come to an end. They have sent me a barring letter stating I cannot shop online with them anymore or go the shop!

a few weeks ago they sent me a goodwill gesture of £10 for all the issues I’ve had with items I returned but were never scanned in, prior to this I was so fed up of having to chase the refunds team, their response was “what happens is the team work shifts so they sometimes scan one item from the box and forget about the rest”. This is a common issue apparently.  I was told this several times by customer services yet they are making out I didn’t return them, surely they would have cameras to verify this? Their words were disproportionate and unsustainable.

they have also shared the barring letter across the business.

I am shaking with upset and worry. Can anyone advise what to do? I just want to draw a line under this and move on. I have spent thousands of pounds over the year with them but now feel they are saying I am dishonest.

do I just assume from their email that’s it? I will not hear anything else and to keep away from the store?

after all these years I am devasted. 

• AndyOrch changed the title to John Lewis Barring letter - please help!

so they appears to be they are sort of accusing you of returning goods that you might not have been paid for?

no they can't harm you further and yes you simply forget about it if you wish

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From what I can gather,

they are saying I am returning the items (too many) but when I am saying items haven’t been scanned in they are saying it’s not enclosed in the parcel! They are saying I’ve kept them

- have had issues before but 3/4 occasions they have given me a goodwill gesture,

I have asked them previously to look at cameras on the refunds team but they just refunded me as though it wasn’t issue but now I look like the dishonest person. 

If it wasn’t for Covid I would have returned them to the shop so I know it’s all properly refunded.

They also said too many goods lost in transit,

last week there was an item missing from the parcel, turns out there was a separate parcel with this item in!

I emailed them to say it had arrived.

I can’t shop with them or Waitrose anymore both online or in the shop.

I feel sick to the core as I spend so much money with them and feel they haven’t looked at 15 years of custom.

yes so its them accusing you of dishonesty when there is none.

it wont be an address bar so simply use a differing name if you want to shop online

as for the stores

they haven't a clue what you look like so simply pay by cash for a while.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately, In the letter it says any email address associated with your home address we will not accept orders and if I am in a shop I will be asked to leave! How will they know what I look like? My local Waitrose store know me so it’s very embarrassing and upsetting. I feel wrongly done by and don’t know where to turn. 

they cant tell where an email is from.

they don't know what you look like.

and they

Thanks for your help, have you come across these cases before, being banned online? I am getting myself into a terrible state as I read on one thread about civil action being taken, I haven’t been prosecuted and I feel wrongly blamed so would they still try to recover monies? The email states not to attempt to order online/in shop and attached the barring letter to the business. 

nothing anyone can do 

stop reading scary stories!

and they

Thank you! Although Citizens Advice say not to ignore letters from RPL?

Do you think John Lewis would contact RPL to try and obtain monies?

How do RPL get your details is what I need to understand?

I haven’t been prosecuted and have done nothing wrong.

Also does a barring letter automatically mean life ban?

Sorry, just worrying myself to death when they were the ones in the wrong. 

Hi.

As we say here, CAB are well-meaning but I'm afraid they have misunderstood that RLP are a sort of parallel unofficial legal system that can't do anything to you.

RLP get people's details who are stopped by security personnel in a shop. We have loads of threads about them and I don't remember anyone paying money to RLP.

Illegitimi non carborundum

forget the life ban simply use differing details

they'll not have a system to check every order online.

i'd also not bother about the stores detecting you.

again they have no clue what you look like.

stop panicking about nothing.

dx

and they

Ah thanks both, I’ve not eaten properly since I got the letter by email last Friday!

So John Lewis wouldn’t contact RPL or any other recovery company?

I feel angry that they have put me through this.

On the letter it just says barred and if I am in the store I will be asked to leave, not that I have any intentions of spending monies with them after I’ve been treated.

I thought they would have slick face recognition in the sores. 

If they were going to take action would t they have said so in their letter?

8 minutes ago, Ava321 said:

Ah thanks both, I’ve not eaten properly since I got the letter by email last Friday!

So John Lewis wouldn’t contact RPL or any other recovery company? - doesn't matter if they do .

I feel angry that they have put me through this.

On the letter it just says barred and if I am in the store I will be asked to leave, not that I have any intentions of spending monies with them after I’ve been treated.

I thought they would have slick face recognition in the sores. 

If they were going to take action would t they have said so in their letter?

how do they know what you look like...:noidea:

and no they don't use face recog software...

dx

and they

I shop every weekend at the local Waitrose so they would know, I will just avoid.

I guess my major concern are John Lewis appointing a debt recovery firm like RPL, sorry what do you mean it dies to matter if they do?

I thought it was only people caught shoplifting!

But if John Lewis try and recover costs how would this work?

I feel so sick with worry 

Sorry I meant, what do you mean it doesn’t matter if they do contact RPL, wouldn’t they have said they were going to this in their letter? 

I was thinking of RIP! It’s John Lewis online that’s told me I can’t shop with them but because they own Waitrose it applies to them too. Surely they would tell me if they were taking action not just a letter to say you are not welcome???

24 minutes ago, Ava321 said:

I shop every weekend at the local Waitrose so they would know, I will just avoid. - dont need too!!

I guess my major concern are John Lewis appointing a debt recovery firm like RPL, sorry what do you mean it dies to matter if they do? - RLP are not debt collector and even if they were a debt collector is NOT A BAILIFF ON ANY DEBT and have ZERO legal powers on any debt no matter what type it is...

I thought it was only people caught shoplifting!

But if John Lewis try and recover costs how would this work? - they won't and can't

I feel so sick with worry 

Sorry I meant, what do you mean it doesn’t matter if they do contact RPL, wouldn’t they have said they were going to this in their letter? 

you ignore RLP

just go enjoy your life forget it ever happened

they have...

and they