what will happen if i got caught shoplifting, but was let go?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I want to start off by saying that I know how stupid it is to shoplift and that I will never do it again. I’m 16 and I made a mistake, it was an awful thing to do and I feel so disappointed and ashamed of myself.

Earlier today I was caught shoplifting from Boots. Total value came under £20, I was asked to empty all my pockets and bag. I was shaking so much and I felt so ashamed of myself, I really regret taking anything, and not just that I was caught. I took a couple of makeup items that I wanted to give to my mum for Christmas. I don’t have any money to buy them for myself.

I was asked to fill out a form with my full name, address and phone number, and I did so. The letter says:

’You are no longer permitted to enter this store because of your unacceptable behaviour. Please note that if you disregard this letter, we shall not hesitate to take legal action against you.’

The man said that I’m banned from all Boots stores in the area that I live, which I understand. And he said that a letter will be sent to my home address.

I’m a smart girl and I have high hopes for the future.

I made a stupid mistake which I feel deeply ashamed for.

Please could someone tell me if this will be shown on any records when I apply for jobs/universities in the future?

Will I be fined?

Will the police get involved, even if the store let me go after returning the items and signing the form?

I really hope that a stupid mistake doesn’t ruin my future. 

If anyone could give me any advice or comfort I would really appreciate it.

I’m only young and I know that that’s no excuse but I’m really worried and upset over this because I have no idea what’s going to happen.

Thank you

18 minutes ago, anonymous615271636 said:

Please could someone tell me if this will be shown on any records when I apply for jobs/universities in the future? - nope

Will I be fined? - nope

Will the police get involved, even if the store let me go after returning the items and signing the form? - no they won't

I really hope that a stupid mistake doesn’t ruin my future. - it can't

nice to see you've learned your lesson young enought to ever do it again.

there will be scary letters from a bunch of powerless people called RLP

which you ignore 

now we have seen reports that these scammers put Retail loss prevention on the envelope so might be an idea to get to the mailbox first for a few weeks if you don't want to come clean to your parents about it all.

bottom line is there is stuff all anyone can do to you and the only fights  you'll have otherwise is with your conscious .

chin up mistake made

now behave..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

any issues comeback here before doing anything !!

just to remind you IGNORE the RLP or DWF letters. 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

will do. I’ve read through the Uncivil Recovery document you linked, and with the examples I saw that most people had denied the shoplifting and that there were only claims. I was made to sign something and print my full name, does this change things? I’ll ask anymore questions before doing anything if I get a letter in the post 

Nope means nothing just stay away from that boots for a few weeks

and they