PIP stopped, Mandatory Reconsideration help please.

Tumilty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am receipt of PIP standard rate.

Early October a got a call from a health professional on my parents landline i wasn't expecting and panicked and didn't answer questions properly how i would in person or via a form. 

They wrote back saying they were stopping my PIP scoring me 4 pts, saying i engaged well with the assessor etc & a few things that were wrong probably due to me being me on the phone.

A family member will call for me tomorrow about the Mandatory Reconsideration,

i was just wondering how successful this is as there's a few things they wrote back to me saying that aren't true, mostly my fault.

Also the appeal, is this something where i can question the points awarded to me. 

Many thanks

Tumilty

Of course you can question both the fairness of the process and how they reached their decision.

I would have thought that you would have received notice of the phone call by letter and in the letter it would have explained the process ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

42 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Of course you can question both the fairness of the process and how they reached their decision.

I would have thought that you would have received notice of the phone call by letter and in the letter it would have explained the process ?

Hi and thanks

No it was out of the blue the call in October, no message or letter etc.. 

They called mi families number, maybe I added that as I hate unknown calls so phone usually on answerphone. 

I applied for mandatory reconsideration and explained the situation & said that it will be looked again at by another health care professional  which i guess is all i can do along with trying to get a gp letter which is difficult at the mo.. Any advice on anything else i should do please? 

Regards 

Tumilty