About to take it to court, do I add interest?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

After sending my Letter Before Action. Halifax have written back to me with the exact same letter saying

"blah blah we offered you £200 which you did not wish to accept, I confirm we will NOT be refunding your charges"

It's 4 days before the 14 days notice I gave them runs out so I am preparing the relevent documents and information so I can take it to court. I am currently on the Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim section (is this the correct next stage?) and I'm just filling out the blanks. What I need to know is, do I add interest to my charges? the money I'm claiming back was charged on my basic current account which I've had for 6 years.

Halifax - WON:D (£1,000 put back in account)

Abbey National - WON:D (£521 nice shiny cheque)

Capital One - WON:D (£200 cheque)

HSBC - waiting for court decision:rolleyes:

Yes you can add interest at this stage. If you look in the templates there is a downloadable spreadsheet. All you do is put in what the charge is, how much and what date you were charged and the spreadsheet works out how many days that was and how much interest that was it works out to. So for example a charge of £39 6 years ago could be worth about £6 now. The spreadsheet needs to be printed off 3 times and you have to send a copy to the Halifax and the courts.

How do I find out what charges were made for what reason?

On my Halifax statements it just says "charges as notified" then has the amount. The different amounts are £28, £35 and £39.......

Also, I cant seem to find the page to register on Money Claim Online......anyone got a direct link?

That is all I put on my spreadsheet - Charges as notified.

Sorry i cant help with the MCOL, i did mine at the local courts.

Wicked thanks for that, so If I do it at the local courts thats when I have to fill in the N1 form right? I downloaded it but it looks confusing