Nectar Mattress

dexter79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening, 
After a nightmare during the order process my mattress arrived from Nectar last Friday.

The delivery driver carried it from the van and placed it straight onto my open porch.

The weather was horrible with sleety snow but the box was placed straight on my porch and I immediately took it inside.

I took the mattress in its box up stairs to our loft room.

As I was carrying it up the stairs to the loft the bottom of the box failed and fell through resulting in the 36kg mattress tumbling down the stairs and Smashing into my newly built and plastered wall making a huge hole in it and damaging all the edges through the shock.

Upon inspection the bottom of the box was totally soaked and this is why it has failed.   

After numerous phonecalls that day a manager called me back and asked me to get a quotation for the repair.

I have since got a quote from my plasterer today which I have emailed to the manager.

He has come back to me saying he can offer a refund of the amount for the quote, however if I was to return the mattress I would not get a full refund.

I would receive the full cost less the refunded amount for the damage to my property.

What I am wondering before I reply to him is, because the packaging was not fit for purpose can I claim for the damage to my home and not accept this as a refund (discount) on the product I have bought.

If I were to return it and get my money back I am still having to pay for damage caused to my house through no fault of my own. 
Please help me someone
Thanks

Hi, we'd be very pleased to help you with this – but you have posted a solid block of text which makes it very difficult for anybody to read. There is so much going on in this forum, that people are much more enthusiastic when they see a story that is well spaced and punctuated so that it takes less time to understand the gist.

Please would you mind reposting the story properly spaced. I appreciate that you may be using a telephone but putting in some paragraph returns is something that normally doesn't pose any problem.

Thanks

is the mattress acceptable to keep 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...