Mortimer clarke/Cabot financial CCJ

str4nger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a ccj against me in 2008, I paid off alot monthly for 2 years, till 2010,

the ccj disappeared from my credit file 6 year in 2014, I have not paid or heard from them

this year, I have had 3 letters from Mortimer clarke claiming I owe money with an attached income and expenditure form,

I have ignored these as I was under the impression that after 6 years even with a CCJ they have to apply to the courts to attempt to enforce the debt. 

Today I receive a letter from engage services on behalf of Mortimer Clark that they have been asked to visit my address, and to prevent this, I need to contact Mortimer clarke within 7 days. 

Surely they need to apply to the courts first? 

Hi and welcome to the forum

yes you are correct so continue to ignore until /if they make application which the court will advise if so.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks, its just the seven days, I had the feeling that they will just ignore the law and send someone around to mu house as "intimidation" tactics.

I was contemplating writing to them and telling them they need to take me back to court to enforce the debt. 

no DCA is a bailiff

they have ZERO legal powers on any debt, no matter what it's type.

even with or without a court claim or any other paperwork.

you do not respond at all ..until or unless you get wind of an N244 application.

its xmas they need mugs to fund their xmas staff party drinks fund by getting free money from mugs.

all dca's do this on the run up to xmas.

have you moved since the CCJ judgement and not informed them of such?

if if if you do get a doorstepper ...film them on your phone

do not engage...

tell them to leave your property and never return else you'll call police 101

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

, I had the feeling that they will just ignore the law and send someone around to my house

Doubt it....but if they do leave them out in the cold and wave from your window with a nice cup of coffee in your hand.....they will soon jog on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread