Parcel2Go & EVRi Loss - court claim issued **SETTLED BEFORE HEARING**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, I should let it go. Wait till you get a court date – and also there will be a date to submit a witness statement/skeleton argument and we can make the points there.

You are starting to sound worried

• 7 months later...

Finally an update. There was a lot of issues with the court, but I received a letter stating that I will be having a telephone hearing initially.

There is no date listed, nor much advice as to what I need to submit. It has been a month since I received this letter and I have not been given a date.

I have also had a lengthy "Court Bundle" via email from Chelsea Walton at Parcel2Go. It includes a witness statement, and many pages showing their booking process as their argument hinges on acceptance of their terms and conditions.

I imagine I will also need to do likewise, although mine will be shorter due to the simplicity of my argument.

post their up to one mass pdf pleASE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

5. The Claimant selected the ‘No’ This does mean that at this stage of the booking process, Claimant fully accepted
their goods would be sent on a zero-protection basis.

there is no such service as parcels with/without ins are not separated nor externally marked differently.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

In my case there were issues with the courts losing my documents, so it's taken a long time - well over 6 months.

I don't think this is normal however. I now have a court date and am preparing the document detailing my argument.

The letter from the court suggests both parties should make every effort to settle before the court date.

Therefore to show willing I emailed the defendant suggesting it was a strange risk for them to take for the sake of £125, as if I were successful it may lead to numerous similar claims.

I expect nothing, and likely didn't need to, but at least I have made contact.

• Haha 1

Update:

Following my email for settlement, they increased the £75 offer from mediation to £102.50.

I rejected and outlined why it made no sense for them to risk losing for a potential saving of £72.50.

I offered to settle for £5 less than the item value - i.e. £175.

I expect this would never have reached the court, and I could have settled for the full amount, but my time has a value also.

Thank you for your ongoing help in the matter, and I apologise for not seeing this through to court.

I suspect i'd have been less weary with the process if it hadn't taken a year, with the court losing my documents on 2 separate occasions and various other issues.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update – and congratulations on your result.

Of course we would be pleased for somebody to go all the way to court in order to blow the whole thing wide open – but we appreciate that our interests as a campaigning website are not necessarily aligned with the people that we help.

Important thing is that you get your result – you get your money back – and you have stood your ground. This is a good result for you and it is a good result for us.

Thanks for updating us.

Congratulations on finally winning this long case! 

im currently going through an issue with hermes losing my ps5 of which I used parcel2go. I think for other readers it’s probably best to go against hermes rather than parcel2go. I’m undecided as yet but this kind of shifted me to go against hermes, as they ultimately lost it.

hermes have admitted it’s lost but parcel2go are taking a very long time to get back to me now

It will always be that way. Parcel2Go is just an intermediary they don't have their own couriers.

It's identical to my situation. I made my claim against P2G. I had no direct contact with Hermes, hence P2G being more logical and on bankfodders advice as seen earlier in the thread.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

• dx100uk changed the title to Parcel2Go & EVRi Loss - court claim issued **SETTLED BEFORE HEARING**