Victoria plumbing problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi last November I bought a bathroom suite and side panels from Victoria plumbing.  

It had taps all in one with attachment shower . My bathroom is small and the layout doesn't allow the shower to be attached to the wall so just use to for washing hair over the bath mainly well my boys do anyway. 

The shower head and seal broke within a few wks🙄 then in July the bath plug ,we was struggling to get it to pop up to empty the bath. I contacted them about this and took a good 6wks to sort out with video and photo evidence and they replaced it . Now few wks ago we found our bathroom kept flooding and didnt understand why until my daughter realised the overflow was moving about and why the bath was leaking . The seal as broke on it . I paid my uncle to fit the bathroom suite in hes a builder and plumber.  We knew they wasn't the best fixtures because its like plastic not metal. My uncle wasnt to fond of the fixtures either. The leaking as ruined the bath panels we bought plus around the top of the bath there is slight cracks appearing around the lip where panels go under . Its also ruined my cupboard under the sink as thats in front of my bath as our bathroom is pretty small. Whats my rights i.ve emailed them telling them about this and not happy at all about being a yr old and so many problems. 

It had taps all in one with attachment shower .
My bathroom is small and the layout doesn't allow the shower to be attached to the wall so just use to for washing hair over the bath mainly well my boys do anyway. 
The shower head and seal broke within a few wks🙄 then in July the bath plug ,
we was struggling to get it to pop up to empty the bath.

I contacted them about this and took a good 6wks to sort out with video and photo evidence and they replaced it .
Now few wks ago we found our bathroom kept flooding and didnt understand why until my daughter realised the overflow was moving about and why the bath was leaking .

The seal as broke on it .

I paid my uncle to fit the bathroom suite in hes a builder and plumber. 
We knew they wasn't the best fixtures because its like plastic not metal. My uncle wasnt to fond of the fixtures either.
The leaking as ruined the bath panels we bought plus around the top of the bath there is slight cracks appearing around the lip where panels go under .
Its also ruined my cupboard under the sink as thats in front of my bath as our bathroom is pretty small.

Whats my rights
i.ve emailed them telling them about this and not happy at all about being a yr old and so many problems. 

Firstly, please would you space and punctuate your post correctly. It's very difficult to read otherwise. I know that you are using a telephone – but many people use telephones and they still manage to present their stories in a far more readable way. Thanks

I understand that your bath overflow is leaking because it moves around. You bought the bath and the plumbing that comes with it from some supplier and your uncle installed it separately.

Is that correct?

If that is the story then I'm afraid that you immediately run into a problem which is that the supplier will blame the installer and the installer – even though he is your uncle – will say that it is down to poor quality fittings supplied with the bath.

They play piggy in the middle – and you are – Piggy!.

I'm afraid that you are in a very difficult position. The division of supply and installation is always a recipe for problem and also you are now a year down the line.

Please can you comment on this and let me know if I have understood your story correctly

Sorry about the punctuation its my asd I just go with the flow and write.

But yes you understood it correctly.

So even though my uncle is a builder and plumber and was paid for the work they will blame him. 

I have heard off them now and they asked if I.m looking for a refund or replacement.