Will My Puppies Make Me Rich?

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The RSPCA has written to the BBC to express its concerns over an "irresponsible" documentary about young people breeding puppies for profit.

It said the show, whose working title is Will My Puppies Make Me Rich?, could lead to "serious dog welfare issues".

The BBC said it would not glamorise dog breeding and would "highlight the importance of "good animal welfare".

Producers will "work closely with animal experts", and the title will be changed, the BBC said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55243532

So the animal eugenics industry is starting to come out for what it really is.

And now the programme makers are going to genetically reengineer the name to make it a bit more palatable – Yummy!

The whole thing makes me feel utterly sick.  I don't know what the beeb was thinking.  I can live in hope that the 'documentary' will be a list of proper breeding practices including testing for inherited conditions but I'm not hopeful.

If you don't breed them then there are no inherited conditions. Job done.

People do breed though and the vast majority of puppies produced are not pedigrees.  Those who take the PETA line of being against animal ownership altogether are fighting a losing battle, it’s becoming  more popular not less to have a pet.  

When you refer to – people breeding, – I suppose that you really mean animals.

Are you telling me that there are people who breed non-pedigree animals for sale?

And by the way I detect in your post a sense that I may be against the ownership of animals??