Jump to content

Changing a SIP to a SAP?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I'm guessing that this must have been posed before somewhere?


In a nutshell, I'm in receipt of a service invaliding pension (SIP) since 2007, diagnosed with post traumatic stress 2013 and received the token 6k gratuity payment some time after.


Can I now argue that my SIP should now be converted to a service attributable pension (SAP)?


I am aware that I could have appealed their token payment, now I'm in a better situation I'm willing to pick up the pace and take the fight to them.


Any advice will be greatly appreciated.... and have we started wishing people a Merry Christmas yet?:cheer2:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hi Bazooka Boo


To change from SIP to SAP will be difficult as you will have to prove that the MOD were at fault and your medical conditions were attibutable due to your service.


The first thing I would suggest is that you need to download the MOD SAR: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mod-subject-access-request-form  (make sure and be specific especially with any date of your medical treatment and locations during your service for these conditions before you were discharged)


You could also ask the British Legion or check if there is any centres for ex forces/veterans in ypour area and have a wee chat with them.


You will also need to look at what legislation was in place within the MOD at the time of your discharge.


Depending when this little link may or may not be of use (different circumstances but I used this against the largest local authority in scotland, 3yr fight and they lost, war pension agency at the time were stunned that I won without any help from them): https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5a8ff8d460d03e7f57ecde4f

  • Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...