Creation have me at the edge

Michella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all. I really hope someone can give me some advice please. In June I got into a bit of a financial situation. I was trying to help out both my adult children with rents and food as they both lost their jobs over Covid. I have 3 loans with Creation. 2 personal and one Currys. I had to cancel the direct debits as they would of bounced. I tried to make new ones.

I called them and they said do them online. I tried online and it said I had to call. Anyway they eventually spoke to me and told me to make manual payments on the 29th of June. I paid. Then they reset up the direct debit with the first payment being 6th August. All 3 went out on the 6th. I then started getting calls (fast and furious) saying I owed money on one account. I explained what happened and they then told me I was actually ahead and they would sort it.

More letters, email, texts and snail mail continued. Again I rang and again they said I was ahead. I noticed they added a non payment to my credit file. I rang yet again and they said it would drop off. All the time I'm still getting calls. At one point in early November they drove me to the point of wanting to kill myself. I had 5 calls in 4 hours demanding money. I told them I couldn't take anymore. They rang the police. They came and I told them pretty much I was just at the end on my tether. Which I was. The police told me Creation would not contact me for 30 days.......but they did.

They also added missed payments on my credit file on all 3 accounts dating back to August. I can't understand it. I did exactly as they told me to do. In October I filled in a 3 month payment break for 2 of the loans. They had to be sent in separate. I got a txt confirming 1 of the accounts was frozen until February but not the second account. I rang and they assured me both were frozen. I have kept up the payments on Curry's as it's nearly finished.  

Another call in Dec now says I owe for July on all 3 accounts. No one at any point has mentioned July. I told them to listen to the recording that they made of all calls. Today I received a letter saying that there is no recording of that call and to list who and when I spoke to. There are at least 30 calls when i spoke to them. How am I suppose to remember what date? I am so sick and tired of this. I have contacted the Ombudsman, I received an email saying the complaint has been received but due to Corona it might take weeks to look into it.

I feel exhausted and I don't know what to do. Any ideas please?   I have been with this company for years and never missed a  payment. 

1st stop answering the phone 

block them.

tell them writing only put the phone down.

you indicate you've been with them for 'years'

can you outline what these personal loans were for please ?

and when you took each one out?

and are these your only consumer debt?

about time you took control

its YOUR MONEY you choose what to do with it NOT some powerless loan company.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and thanks for replying.

I have been with them since 2015.

The first loan is from 2016 and the second 2019.

I'm not bothered about the Curry's as it will be finished in January.

I have 2 credit cards and I have never missed a payment.

Same as utilities and phone.

My bank account is from 1999 and again never missed a payment.

Both loans were to clear credit cards which have stayed cleared. 

shame you took out more credit to pay old credit off..hope it wasn't for debts owed to a powerless dca....

ok..

just remember that these are NOT priority debts..

as you have mentioned one-  utils (not water) but gas/electric

the others are mortgage/rent, ctax.

everything else is very low priority.

pers id be sending them our pro rata letter from the debt collection section of our library

take control..do not BE controlled

put them back in their rightful box

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...