S.A.R help for a work grievance case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Pretty new to this forum. I was wondering if you could help me with a SAR request I would like to submit for my wife.

Super long story short.

Since lockdown one, her work have seemly turned on her after she said was want able to move from a 4 day working week to a 5 day working week. 

She is on suspension for a gross misconduct claim after she submitted a formal grievance due to workload and suspension of her job being made 'void'.

She now has a lawyer involved to defend her but we think it might be wise to ask for a SAR to gather all the comms the company have been saying about her, while they appear to have been planning 'voiding' her job. 

I never filled out an SAR, I was wondering if anyone could help regarding a template and also how to ask for the information, do we:

Go broad and say anything with a combination of , first name and surname, just first name, just surname and her position at the company over the period of the last 6 weeks or so (as she is the only person with her first and surnames in the company so no one to get confused with) 

or

Do we ask for everything ever since June?

The things that would help in her case would be that we would like to get would be:

the CCTV on the main entrance door, emails and meeting minutes since June and another work comms to staff and managers involving her name.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I don't know if you've clicked on SAR in your post or mine, it will take you to a screen with a lot more information about SARs. One thing is to not make the request too specific which can lead some people to leave out information that could help you.

If you don't find what you need in the SAR information, please come back to this thread with your extra questions. :)

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

In addition to the advice given by my site team colleague above, the advice is always to keep the SAR as widely worded as possible. Don't set any limits such as dates or account numbers or anything. As soon as you define the data you want, then that allows them to limit their disclosure to your particular request. Normally normally that will suffice – but on the other hand, you never know that they might have other data relating to a different date or a different issue which you haven't specifically asked for. That is likely to result in a nondisclosure of that data and that nondisclosure would be entirely justifiable.

Use our SAR template and keep it completely wide. As generic as possible because then there is no justification for withholding anything

• Like 1

Hi

When doing a SAR you simply need to make sure and use this simple phrase 'ALL DATA' as that is exactly what it means it covers whatever format that company/business/organisation etc. holds that Data in i.e. CCTV. Phone Calls, Emails, Letters etc.

Always add the above phrase to any SAR request. (even if you are asking for a specific dates

• Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group