Erudio/Drydens 2nd PAPLOC Now Claimform- old SLC Loans never deferred to Erudio - i've said SB'd -

lowborn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi -So I realise there's loads of info about this on here but I'm struggling to understand it and I keep running up against dead links to pages people are being directed to. 

Briefly -

- I have 3 loans from 94/95/96.

- Kept up with all my deferring until 2015 when I was having a bad time and got the loan terminated by erudio.

- I have never earnt above the threshold at any point.

- I've had Moorcroft and capquest on my case and managed to palm them off by asking too many questions and stating my case that i've never earn above the threshold.

- I've now received a PAP from Drydens. I'm well within the 30 days - How should I proceed? Very confused by so many threads. Sincerest apologies for adding another one.

Additional info

- Last deferment was 2014 so not SB

- Tried various appeals on compassionate grounds to erudio at the time. Not interested. Took it to the FOS - they didn't support me.

- I think from what I can tell Drydens are trying a backdoor CCJ as capquest sent most of their correspondence to my partners house.

Any help VERY gratefully received. 

ta

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

something like post 2 here

post up your thoughts 1st.

although its disjointed

read this thread CAREFULLY...

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?447223-Erudio-and-final-FOS-decision

same situation??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi - thanks for responding.

Same situation in that erudio have sent drydens after me and that we both had our loans terminated for lack of deferment forms. Also we both tried and failed to get the FOS involved.

I hadn't twigged that my first loan [18/04/1994] has actually passed the 25 year mark.

Do you think that's why they are getting pushy then?

The termination letter states I have lost my 'right of cancellation of the debt if it has been outstanding for 25 years" but I guess the fact I haven't actually been over the threshold and can prove this if need be makes their claim more tenuous?

I'm very happy to reply to the PAP as is suggested and haven't done a CCA yet either.

Currently earn about £15,000 PA so i'm barely halfway to the threshold.

Not sure I can add anything else.

My case is pretty straightforward really, kept up with all my paperwork and changed addresses etc, messed it up a bit during a bad patch, ended up getting it terminated.

Not very happy about it..... But not scared of them, certainly doesn't keep me awake at night.

Righteous Indignation I think it's called.

Should I refer to the first loan as being over 25 years on the PAP?

Also they are meant to send one PAP per loan right? This rolls them into one. Should I highlight that?

thanks again

can I surmise possibly...

is this being quoted as one slc agreement but the total of all the loans?

or is this being quoted as a erudio ref number from the whole sum ?

the fact that one or more has matured is immaterial as such, they were concurrent years of study?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it's quoting the total outstanding amount of the 3 loans as the debt but then with a breakdown into the 3 separate years of the loan so -

date of loan            amount outstanding

18/4/94                      £xxxxxx

24/2/95                      £xxxxxx

10/6/96                      £xxxxxx

They are totally separate as far as I am aware though, the statements that Erudio send out come in 3 different envelopes 

I would expect it was a 3yrs qualification though?

but anyway, in terms of how slc deal with them they are one sum so the first wont be matured no sadly

ok you have the info upon what to do.

you've only got the pap loc because in their eyes you've ignored things to date and once you reply

it'll go quiet like all the LOC threads have done.

they are picking off easy targets to gain backdoor CCJ's with people that don't respond.

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi - so i sent the form as suggested above and have just received a this reply from drydensfairfax - [had to type it out, no scanner]

our client: erudio

acc no. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

outstanding amount: xxxxxxxxxxx

We refer to the above matter and confirm receipt of your correspondence, the content of which has been noted, we return your postal order as this is no longer required.

Your account has been placed on a temporary hold while we contact our client with details of your query.

We will inform you of the outcome as soon as a response is received from our client.

We trust this is clear. However if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours faithfully, drydens fairfax.

So any thoughts on where this leaves me? It's obviously put them off for now. Why have they returned the postal order? 

Any advice gratefully received, cheers

not your problem

next move is not yours.

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I recently returned my second CCA form from DF and told them the debt is statute barred as the last time I deferred it was October 2014 and this was the last time I acknowledged the debt.

They've replied saying that the barring date only starts from when I defaulted on the loan - June 2016 - and so 6 years haven't passed.

Who is correct?

Also if I am right do I write back and assert this or do I employ the tactic of waiting until they actually threaten to do something rather than just try to scare me.

Cheers

i mean PAP not  CCA

old and new threads merged..

send them our statute barred letter.

dx

and they

I did send them that letter and that's what they responded to.

I guess I could clarify my position by sending it again

But am I right in thinking the last deferment date is when you work from? 

Erudio themselves have confirmed that deferment date for me.

as with this thread:

Erudio - Sent me my slc CCA - now Court Claim - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

you are not alone in getting these letters as drydens are desperate to fund their xmas staff drinks bill with free money from mugs.

going by this forum and others drydens have sent out letters to almost everyone they are in dispute with.

dont get had

yours is not the next move now.

dx 

and they

• 1 month later...

So - they sent me yet another CCA and I again replied that I believe the debt is statute barred. They have again replied with - 

"the agreement was terminated as a result of your failure to comply with a default notice which was issued on the 21st july 2016. The relevant limitation period[6 years] did not start until the agreement was terminated. Limitation would therefore not expire until 21st July 2022."

Everything I've read on here and elsewhere says that the 6 year period starts from when I last deferred the loan [october 2014]. Am I mistaken? 

Either way I'm happy to try and drag this out until july 2022 if needs be.....

i know this thread by nature is confusing but go read it.

Erudio - Sent me my slc CCA - now Court Claim - Page 7 - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

a DN several YEARS after the date of your last deferment form does not mean the debt is not SB'd

and they

Ok, read the thread - I think I understand it. Damn shame the debt isn't SB - I have been labouring under that belief for some time.

The amount I owe is actually 2k less than patterns but I fear that DF will actually take this to court by the looks of things. How annoying. Their last letter just said pay within 14 days so there's no need for me to do anything at this point. 

Are there any other delaying tactics I can employ?

what you should have done is not replied.....

if/when they send another PAPLOC or raise a court claim then its time

in 2yrs they've not raised a court claim..if they were that confident they were correct they would have

yours is not the next move

and they

• 3 months later...

open

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to Erudio/Drydens PAPLOC Now Claimform - old SLC Loans never deferred to Erudio - i said SB'd - they said not! ***Claim Withdrawn***

The reason I have reopened the thread was because I have received yet another PAPLOC from drydensFF.

I feel like I have exhausted all the previous avenues and they have already sent me reams and reams of paper.

Happy to reply again saying that I believe the debt to be statute barred - last time I did this to their PAPLOC they replied saying it wasn't SB but yet again they have failed to bring any court proceedings. I seem to be stuck in a loop of them sending the same letter.

Obviously I have to reply to them but is there anything else I can say or should I just repeat myself?

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/Drydens 2nd PAPLOC - old SLC Loans never deferred to Erudio - i've said SB'd -

send them another SB letter/reply on our pap form as before.

they are just hoping you have moved.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hi - so Erudio have just sent me a court claim -[ county court business centre Northampton ] - 

It is my belief that the debt is statute barred - As far as my records show my last acknowledgement of the debt was October 2015 - I've spoken to erudio and they said that that date was the last time I deferred the loan  which i believe is the last time I acknowledged it.

Drydens have repeatedly said it's not SB'd and won't be until July 2022 -

"the agreement which is the subject of the proceedings was terminated as a result of your failure to comply with a default notice was issued on the 21 july 2016. .... limitation would not therefore expire until 21 july 2022'

My instinct is to put the october 2015 date down as my defence. 

I would also add that I have never at any point earned above the threshold for repayments and that two of the debts are over 25 years old.

Finally I would mention that the reason all this happened was because I failed to put in a deferment form in 2016 when I was caring for a terminally ill friend.

Any advice on how to fill in the form/what language to use would be very helpful.

Also - is it worth paying for any legal advice at this point?

• dx100uk changed the title to Erudio/Drydens 2nd PAPLOC Now Claimform- old SLC Loans never deferred to Erudio - i've said SB'd -

as with all the like erudio SB'd slc loan claims here

you will file our SB defence

but 1st please:

You have received a Court Claim ISSUED IN ENGLAND & WALES What you need to do - Financial Legal Issues - Consumer Action Group

and they