Need some help please regarding DPD postage - MCOL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I hope someone can  provide some advice in regards to a parcel I posted which seems to be lost. 

Last month I posted a parcel through the DPD app and dropped of the  parcel at  my local dpd drop off shop as advised. 

Since I've dropped of the parcel on the 18th November I haven't been able to track it on my phone and nor do dpd customer services know where it is. 

I've also tried contacting DPD via multiple phone calls and most recently by  Resolver  and the response I get from them is to contact the app shipping department and when I do they refer me back to dpd customer services who can't  help me either., just seems like i'm going around in circles.  I''ve probably wasted a whole day trying to contact them and  getting no where. 

The value of the goods I posted was circa £600 and I did take  out additional insurance to cover for any losses  so I was wondering if I should just raise a claim through the small claims court via Money claim  online to recover the value of the goods? 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Edited by tlogic4

Yes, you will probably have to begin a legal action.

you said that you bought the insurance cover. Was the item properly declared – in particular was the correct value given for it?

I suggest you read around these sub- forums at all the stories we have. Most of them involve Hermes – but the principles are basically the same. Have you made a formal complaint in writing to them? I think you need to go through a formal complaint process and get a formal denial of liability.

I'm afraid that going to Resolver is generally pretty unhelpful with these things. They seem to be pretty limp-wristed and I'm afraid that you need a more assertive approach which you will find on this forum.

• Like 1

Hi Bankfodder, 

Many thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated. 

I've   made a formal complaint over the phone  and was given a case number which I have tried countless time trying to follow it up without success. 

In regards to insurance I took out an additional £500 cover on top of the standard £50 they offer in case of loss or damage, so total cover is £550. 

The Item I was retuning was a Grohe shower set which I bought online for £630 but decided to return it. i'm aware there is a shortfall of circa £84 but that's my fault as I didn't was to fork out an additional £30 on top of the £22 I paid for the extra protection, wish I had now. Would this cause any issue apart from being £84 out of pocket overall, and is it still advisable to send a written complaint even though I have made the complaint over the phone? 

Dear Sir/Madam,

On 18th November 2020 I used your service to send a parcel under the above tracking number. As you have failed to contact me directly and provide a satisfactory update as to the whereabouts of my parcel, I can only assume that it has been lost. I must stress that I have tried contacting your customer service department on numerous occasions via both telcomms and via the resolver website but have been unable  to get a satisfactory response. 

The contents of my parcel are  valued at £638.09 plus the delivery fee of £6.49.

Despite the lack of communication, I am writing to let you know that unless you reimburse me the value of the parcel in full and within 14 days, I shall be issuing a claim in the County Court for the full amount plus interest and without any further notice. 

Yours Faithfully 

After reading through some posts on a similar cases, I've come across the above and have amended the  above letter to suit  my case. Would it be ok to send this letter by  email and post? 

I'd also like to add that before taking the parcel to my local dpd drop off shop, I took pictures of both  the goods and packaging. 

What I found bizarre when preparing the item for postage is that I  didn't have to print of any labels or anything to stick on the parcel but just simply take it to the shop, the shop keeper then  scanned a QR Code  on my  phone, gave me a receipt and stuck a small barcode on the parcel, that was it. I did however write the address on the parcel because I didn't want to take any chances at the time.  

Should I be worried that as I didn't declare the full value of the contents at the time would this jeopardise my case for a full / partial refund of the goods?  

Edited by tlogic4

The letter of claim is fine - but I think that you should make a written complaint first.

The reason for this is simply to have a paper trail because s I understand it you have no record of having made a complaint.

Send a complaint - without a deadline - just a simple complaint.  Wait 10 days or so and then assuming there is no response, send the letter of claim

• Like 1

**Update** 

I fired of a formal complaint letter yesterday via email and copied in the CEO, since then I've had three email and a telephone call from them requesting further information. Hopefully they are now taking my complaint seriously. 

Edited by tlogic4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 10 days now since I submitted a formal complaint to DPD my complaint hasn't been resolved..

Since making the complaint I had one telephone call from them and 3 emails.

The last email I received from them was last week confirming  hey couldn't find the parcel and someone from the claims team will make contact to take details,

I don't have any faith in them phoning me

I was thinking of sending a letter of claim which will give them and 14 additional days to reimburse me or commence proceedings or shall I wait until after Christmas. 

Yes - I think you are right to do it now

5 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Yes - I think you are right to do it now

Thanks Bankfodder, 

So i've drafted a letter of claim, is this ok to send as it is  or should I tweak something? 

=========================================

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to my recent complaint dated the 7th December 2020 (copy attached) I still have not received a satisfactory outcome in relation to my missing parcel even through someone from your escalations department assured me that someone will be in touch to take further details which unfortunately did not materialise.  

The contents of my parcel were valued at £638.09 plus the postage & insurance cover of £34.79

Despite the lack of communication, I am writing to let you know that unless you reimburse me the value of the parcel in full and within 14 days, I shall be issuing a claim in the County Court for the full amount plus interest and without any further notice.

It's fine except you haven't included a tracking or reference number and I think it is worth saying that the contents of the parcel were properly declared – as well as giving the value et cetera.