• Tweets

• *Update* Letters sent in September not heard a single thing since. thank you everyone for all the help 
    • SAR returned by letter from DVLA (so the above email does work).    VCS Ltd being the enquirer.  Date of request 18//09/2020.  Date of event 04/09/2020
    • Please would you give us the name of the appeals company which you went with. I'm curious but alos there may be others who have been let down by them and I think that it would be helpful to know. Thanks   I see also that you have been asked to post up certain information/documents and you haven't done so yet
    • The boiler had started losing pressure. I was getting concerned about it. ASG sent me  a letter saying that to keep the warranty valid I needed to power flush.  On the morning of the power flush the boiler failed completely and I turned it off.  The flush technician decided not to flush through the boiler as he was unable to get it to work and reported it as leaking.  I then got ASG to come out the next day. ASG refused to mend the boiler stating that the power flush had damaged it.  I have spoken to the flush technician who has explained he did not flush hot. He has done power flushes for many years and has never seen the damage alleged caused by a power flush.  An independent gas safe engineer has also stated that the damage could not be caused by a power flush.  The boiler was maintained annually by ASG according to the contract. It includes a fifteen year maintenance contract.  I was g I NG to sar them and try going either via the FSA or possibly court. 
    • The Royal Mint has struck a special 50p coin to celebrate 50 years since decimalisation. This coin won't be released into circulation, but what are the rarest and most valuable ones which have? View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Interim Charge order to final charge order ?

Hi,   I applied for a charge order (  N 379 )  against property owned by a person who owes me money from a CCJ but as not paid a penny so far. An interim charge order was been granted and the person objected and at a hearing  asked for the Charge order to be " set aside ".

His case was dismissed.

I need to know what happens next. Does the final charge order automatically take place, or do I have to perform further work myself ?

I have contacted the County court where the hearing took place and also the land registry, but one has not replied and the other replied but did not answer the query.

Does anyone know the answer or are able to let me know where i can find the answer.        

is he sole home owner?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk,   no he is joint owner.  The interim charge order is already shown on the title register of the property and the other joint owner ( wife ) has been served with the notification papers as per the procedure. 

Applying for a charging order involves two stages: the interim charging order and the final charging order.

Interim charging orders

If your creditor decides to apply for a charging order:

1. Your creditor sends a form to the court along with proof from the Land Registry that you own, or jointly own, your house
  2. If the court agrees that you own a share of the property and a charging order is allowed under the rules above, you'll be sent an interim charging order on form N86 and a copy of the creditor's form N379. These show the reasons they've applied. This is also sent to your spouse or civil partner, any other joint owners of the property and your mortgage company or other secured lenders
  3. A restriction will be placed on the Land Registry, stopping you from selling your house until the final charging order hearing. You will get a form B136 from the Land Registry telling you this has happened. You don't need to reply to this form

The interim charging order is issued without a hearing. If you do nothing, a final charging order will be issued 28 days later.

If you want to object to the final charging order, you must write to the court and creditor within 21 days of receiving the interim charging order. The court may then arrange a hearing to make a decision.

Reasons to object might include:

• The property doesn’t belong to you, and you are not entitled to a share of any equity in it
  • The CCJ happened before October 2012 and you’ve not missed any instalments set by the court
  • The creditor has not followed the application process correctly, for example they’ve not informed your spouse or civil partner

You can also write to ask the court to set conditions on the charging order. One condition that we recommend asking for is an affordable instalment order, if one is not already in place. This is where the court sets a regular payment. If the court agrees to this and you keep up with the payments, the creditor will find it much harder to take further enforcement action through the court.

If no instalment order is set there’s a risk the creditor could take further action, for example by instructing enforcement agents (bailiffs) to visit. If your CCJ was date 1 October 2012 or later, an instalment order which is up to date also prevents the creditor applying to force the sale of your home.

Final charging orders

For the second stage of the charging order process, if you’ve not made any written objections, a court officer or sometimes a District Judge will decide whether to make a final charging order.

If you wrote to the court and creditor with objections, or you requested other conditions are applied, the court may arrange a hearing to decide whether to make a final charging order.

The hearing will be at your local County Court hearing centre. The hearing will usually be in private chambers with a District Judge and normally a representative from the creditor. The judge will listen to both sides and decide whether to make the final order or not, and what conditions if any are to be applied.

Once a final charging order is made, you’ll get a letter from the court confirming this on form N87.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so wont this thus be a totally useless restriction k andy?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your replies. You have answered my query. I was not aware of form N87. I have looked at the form on line and I have not received it from the county court yet ( hearing date 5/11/20). So i can now chase them and refer to the form.

Thank you andyorch and dx100uk.    

if its a restriction k you'll get that's useless to you 

you'll never get your money even when they sell

look at otherways to enforce your judgement.

and they

4 hours ago, Andyorch said:

Applying for a charging order involves two stages: the interim charging order and the final charging order.

It would be good if you could at least credit Stepchange for your copied and pasted information:

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/debt-collection/charging-orders-and-my-home.aspx

You can still apply for the final charging order to secure the debt against the property.

You can then apply for an order for sale once that's granted but the joint owners' situations would need to be taken in to account by the court.

Whether or not it is granted depends on the status of the home and what the intention of the joint owners was when the property was jointly purchased. If it is a family home with children, the order for sale is unlikely to be granted.

If there is insufficient equity in the property to cover the debt and the debtor cannot make any repayments, it's also unlikely to be granted. Disabilities of the occupants can also be taken in to account. Depending on who the occupants are and why they are joint occupants, it may be difficult to force a sale.

Thank you for your helpful replies.  I am waiting for Form N87 from the County Court ( i will be chasing this up ).

Next question.  When i receive form N87 what do i do with it ?  Is a copy sent direct to the land registry or do i have to send it and if so is there an accompanied form to go with it ?  

hope you are not believing you will actually get anything out of this via a restriction k?

dx

and they

dx

I note your comment and i have checked and I it is a non- standard registration and not a standard form K, charge order.   

I accept that this does not guarantee immediate payment. My case is that the debtor owes a five figure sum from a CCJ in my favour for over twelve months and he has not paid a penny.  

I am also proceeding with court action to enforce payment, and the charge order strengthens my case to ensure the debt is paid at some point. 

As i stated in a previous post, when i receive the N87 I would like to know what i need to do with it. Do i need to inform the land registry and if so are there any forms that need to accompany it.

Cheers