Non refund of Security & Fuel deposit from Car Hire UK

rnghosh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am Dr.R.N.Ghosh from Kolkata,India.On 11th October2006 I went to UK to visit my daughter.I hired a car from"CAR HIRE UK" from that day to 26th October 2006.On 26th October I returned the car to Mr.Madeson,a representative of that company at Heatrow Airport in undamged condition.He assured me that my Security Deposit of 500 Pounds and Fuel Deposit of 51 Pounds will be released after 1 week.I returned to India and I have been informed by VISA that till todate they have not released it.During this period I have sent many e-mails but they have not replied.I have called them 7 times from India,which is quite expensive and my daughter has also called them several times but still they have not released my deposits.I have written docoments that states that 500 pounds is for security and 70 Pounds for Fuel Deposit.I dont what to do.Can anyone help me?

make enquiries to a UK small claims court (via email to keep costs down), you should be able to do something about this

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Hiya in the far off lands.

Do you have the release paper, its a very important form filled in when you and the lease hire company are present, the form shows all angles of the car, for marks or collisions, a place for the milage you have used and petrol allowance, also interior damage that needs mending or cleaning.

This would have been given to you either with all issues acknowledged and outstanding or it would state the car was handed back in an acceptable condition.

This is a major piece to your claiming your money back.

Hope this helps and hope you get your money back:)

• 1 month later...

Hello.Car Hire UK still have not released my securuty and fuel deposits.I have paid interest on 550 Pounds for 2 months,thinking that they will release my deposits but when they did not I had to pay ViSA the whole amount.I dont what to do.:(

• 1 month later...

could be difficult and costly now your overseas but really you should not have left there premises without your money (your contract is for the hire of the car untill returned upon which your money should be returned) if you paid by visa ask them to help out and treat if as an unauthorised payment, if it was by cheque then they would not have had chance to clear the cheque before you could have stopped it although thats probably too late now, hopefully you still have the paperwaork signing off thecar as undamaged so with tat you can make a sucessfull claim and recover your costs but like i said you will still have to initially pay to start the procedings