Parcel sent with Hermes has been stolen- buyer requesting refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few days ago I sold a laptop on eBay and sent with Hermes through Packlink. I sent it with full value insurance (£266) 

The parcel arrived at the buyers address clearly opened, the box with the laptop taken out, and badly taped up again (buyer sent photos). The package that arrived at buyers house was essentially taped up bubble wrap. It is clear someone has stolen it from me dropping it off at myHermes shop, to it arriving at buyers house. 

Have opened a claim with Packlink, however they are being very unhelpful. eBay say they will get involved from Monday (7/12/20)

I tried registering a claim with Hermes, but as soon as I put in ref. number, they say it is a packlink issue and hang up / redirect the website. 

I have never dealt with an issue like this before, and have no clue where to go from here 

Thank you!

Write a letter to Hermes – send it either by post or by email – or both. Outline the basis of your complaint against them and require reimbursement.

Packlink will probably refuse you – Hermes certainly will.

Read around this sub- forum – all the Hermes cases to understand the relationship between Hermes and Packlink and also your third party rights to enforce the contract against Hermes. Of course Hermes will say that it is nothing to do with them and your claim is against Packlink. Once you have read around this sub- forum, you will understand the correct response to that.

Also, by reading around the forum you will understand how it will probably go and that you will have to issue the claim papers. Please also read up on bringing a small claim in the County Court and be certain that you are prepared to do this in order to get your money back. During a reading you will also understand the course of events as they tend to happen when people bring County Court claims against Hermes.

We have so much information on this forum about this now, that I think that it is unnecessary for me to spend time explaining much more and you will understand much better after you have read other people's experiences. After that please come back here and ask any questions you want.

Once you have been knocked back by Packlink and by Hermes, we will help you with the next step which effectively will be the letter of claim and then the glad tidings

No idea.

Look it up somewhere on the Internet – send a letter to the registered address and there may well be some email done at the bottom of their website page.

Frankly doesn't really matter if they get it. The most important thing is that you have made a reasonable attempt to send something to contact details that they have provided. If their contact details don't work then that's up to them. You will find that they do magically start to respond once they receive the court papers.