Backdoor capquest 2007 CCJ for old CAp1 Debt being chased by Capquest now resolvecall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well after 13 years of no communication with any of my old creditors/ DMC's,  today I had a call from Capquest about a Capital One debt!!!

They said a CCJ was registered in 12/07.

I didnt acknowledge anything, I merely obtained a reference and postal address.

Section 2.4 of The Limitation Act states no action can be taken after 6 years. 

Am I correct and what's the best letter to send them?

Thanks

sadly a CCJ 

1 stops the SB clock

2. is not part of the limitation act as its a court judgement.

however, failure to enforce a CCJ within 6yrs makes it very difficult for them do so and ofcourse would have to return to court the court via your objection would no doubt refuse them.

it's just some phone jocky trying their luck that you might be a mug and fund their xmas party drinks bill.

IMHO you need do nothing 

did you give them your current and correct address?

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

No, I did not, I made sure of this. 

I want to send them a letter (and advised them this on the phone) but not sure what to send them!!!

I set up my own Ltd company in March 2019 and the registered address was always my accountant.

When I changed accountants in May this year I needed to give an address in Wales (I now live in Northern Ireland and it couldn't be used apparently), I changed it to my dads and obviously this is available through Companies House.

They have found his number this way I think, but I may be wrong lol.

its an extremely stupid idea to go off radar 

thats why you got this CCJ

other than informing them of you correct address in WRITING 

there is nothing else you need to do or state.

i have never known an enforcement hearing to succeed on a CCJ outside of 6yrs that has to date not been already enforced BUT as the court wont know your address ...it might well succeed.

it is a very stupid idea to run away from debts.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor CCJ for old CAp1 DEbt being chased by Capquest after 13 years

The CCJ was issued in 12/07, the address was an ex-martial home that was empty.

I did not go off radar, my circumstances led to no fixed abode for a good 3 or 4 years.

There was no way I would of known the CCJ was issued.

good

however i was reading your old thread 

Advice to move forward in life...... - Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group

particularly post 8 

pers i'd  write simply informing them legally of your correct and current address.

ref their ref number xxxx

then you are bullet proof

dx

and they

nope said 3 times what to do and not.

should they try , the court will write first.

as long as the debt owner has your correct and current address.

but i've never heard of it for a ccj of that age.

dx

and they

Section 24 of the Limitation Act 1980 applies to CCJs being enforced after six years:

"24 Time limit for actions to enforce judgments.

(1)An action shall not be brought upon any judgment after the expiration of six years from the date on which the judgment became enforceable.

(2)No arrears of interest in respect of any judgment debt shall be recovered after the expiration of six years from the date on which the interest became due."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1980/58/section/24

However, if enforcement action is unable to be undertaken within those six years or enforcement action has been taken but was unsuccessful, leave from the court can be obtained to enforce after the six year limitation. It depends on what action has been taken to enforce the CCJ when the limitation period expires as to whether or not the court will grant leave. It's difficult to do but not impossible. Considering the limitation period for CCJ granted on 12/2007 expired on 12/2013, there is a 7 year gap from the end of the limitation period expiring. The creditor would need an extremely good reason why it has not been enforced before now such as you living in a country which does not have reciprocal enforcement agreements.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.

As an update,

I did a Trust Online search which came up with nothing obviously.

I then rang Nottingham County Court and they said that as its so old they can't even give me any details as they changed computer systems and they don't/can't get any details on the CCJ even if they wanted too.

Capquest doesn't have a hope in hell of enforcing the CCJ unless there are extreme mitigating circumstances. They are most likely trying their luck in you being worried enough by the letter to pay without question.

Thanks. I will update this as it moves along, which hopefully won't be far.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please do not seek advice PM.......please read the Forums Rules and guidance.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm sorry you felt that given there are only 3 users posting....please contact me if you have any further queries.

Andy

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I received a text message today saying to make contact or will visit home address.

I have sent an email to their enquiries email stating that I know no business nor acknowledge any accounts under their name and could they please provide a reference number in that I may send a formal letter to them.

If they have my address I have not received any mail?

Any debts I had were last paid/acknowledged in 2007, some may have CCJ's against them that I understand would be difficult to enforce as no enforcement was taken on them in their 1st 6 years, nor since.

I dont want them to just turn up and appreciate that previously all I should do is make sure they have my current address but what do I say if they do turn up? i would rather send them a prove it or SB letter to avoid having conversations at the door, i suffer from anxiety and would crumble face to face.

Any help appreciated 

you dont converse at your door.

you simply film them with your phone and tell them to leave your property and never return else you'll call police 101

not a good idea to start silly letter tennis by whatever means ever with any dca.

next time simply report the txt to 7726.

dx

• Like 1

and they

i would seriously suggest this is your old capquest backdoor ccj debacle as resolvecall do most of their work for capquest.

now it would be funny, whilst filming to actually ask what it was about and i bet the 1st thing he will state is there is a ccj against you that is unsettled, as that will make him believe he has some magical power over you that the court doesnt have but he does to collect money.

they are always total chancers and will be empowered in his mind s eye by the old CCJ..hoping that people dont know a dca is not a bailiff , and hell get free money for the pub tonight.

id love to see his reaction when told he is not a bailiff and would you like me to call northants bulk court now and ask them have you been dispatched mr xxx to demand money from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they

So in theory, then the dca has no powers whatsoever with regards to trying to enforce the CCJ.

I know they have probably brought the debt for pennies and just chancing their arm to make some money back.

They could, however, apply to the court could they not to enforce the CCJ from 2007?

Edited by Wonderwall1

its not theory. it's the law.

a dca can NEVER enforce a CCJ at your door ..they are NOT and NEVER can be a BAILIFF

if they were the owner of a debt with an existing CCJ, they would have to return to court and ASK the judge to send court bailiff .

that after 6yrs is virtually impossible.

and if they did try the above anyway, the court would inform you of their request 1st before ever granting it. and you'd blow it out the water easily

• Like 1

and they

Depends who RS are collecting for ? and for what ?

• Like 1

I wouldn't even entertain them full stop!

As for writing to them, they would have to find an adult who can read the words first, plus it is futile entering into pointless letter tennis.

Ignore them, you are under absolutely no legal obligation to respond to them. And as for one of their illiterate goons turning up on your property, it's YOUR property, YOU choose who you wish to speak to, and as DX has said, if they are too dumb to know that their presence is unsolicited and they fail to leave when asked to, then it's 101 and report them to the old bill.

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!