Why my Barclays Bank put my account under review??

Lutzaltz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, yesterday Barclays Bank put my account under review suddenly just i received a message about that to wait 7 days .

I ve been to local branch and they didn't tell me any information saying to me to wait 14 days .

The problem is I think they will take longer than they said and I can't wait so much cause I need the money for my own company and to live life daily.

This situation its caused me a sever anxiety, I dont know what to do .

I can prove that I m a self employed .

Can somebody tell me what should I do ? 

Some contact numbers or email addresses where can I text about this problem?

I m new on this platform and I dont know how to manage this .

Thank you

Send them on SAR immediately. Do it today.

Read up on this forum and elsewhere on the Internet about crifas.

How long have you had the account? Have you been having large sums of money going in or out recently – especially paid in cash?

This kind of unexplained behaviour generally relates to something that triggers a suspicion that your account is being used for money laundering or some other kind of fraud. If that's what has happened then you will find it almost impossible to get information about it and also almost impossible to find out when your account might be made available to you.

If a CIFAS marker has been applied to your account, the bank takes upon itself absently Draconian powers and you will scarcely even get any assistance from the FOS who quite frankly are simply a poodle to the financial services sector

What do I need to send on SAR? Do you have an email from them ? 

I have 1 year with them . 

I ve been made some international transactions because I ve been buy a car and a house I was need to send monthly money .

I m a self employed, so I earn my money by myself . I didnt do nothing wrong with them . When I open my account I let them know that I m self employed and I can prove that .

I m in a desperate situation as I m not having any money for my company that I just open to can run 

None of what you are saying is at all surprising – but as I've already said, when it comes to CIFAS, the banks are a law unto themselves. It's very unfair and it should be more closely regulated but it's not.

You should open a another account – a parachute account immediately. You may find that if there is already a CIFAS marker against you that you will have difficulty doing this but try an online account but you need to do urgently and start putting money into their.

Send the SAR. You can find their email address or their postal address online – but do it. Don't hang around

Follow this link >>>>SAR

10 hours ago, Lutzaltz said:

What do I need to send on SAR? Do you have an email from them ? 

I have 1 year with them . 

I ve been made some international transactions because I ve been buy a car and a house I was need to send monthly money .

I m a self employed, so I earn my money by myself . I didnt do nothing wrong with them . When I open my account I let them know that I m self employed and I can prove that .

I m in a desperate situation as I m not having any money for my company that I just open to can run 

Smells of AMLL to me. Keep an eye on comms from the bank. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Lutz and welcome to CAG

We have seen many similar cases over the last 10+ years. You will hear nothing useful from the bank for at least a few weeks.

You will have triggered 1 or more markers that start the bank blocking and investigating the account - it could be large sums of cash, money from abroad, or other events.

Get the SAR sent off immediately. I would send it to :- Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

Send it by email if you can find an email address to use that's appropriate.

Then, as BankFodder has already said, work quickly to open a new account - this should be your immediate priority because Barclays will tell you nothing useful in the next few weeks.

If you have bought a property recently, I assume you were able to satisfy the solicitor with regard to passing Anti Money Laundering checks. However, this will not help  you get access to your money with Barclays.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

had to hide your post

you must redact pers info.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Last transaction that I made was £50 to a friend account .. in this time I had in pending for 24 hrs the amount of £600 to get on my bank account ..

But before of this I ve been selling something and was accepted the bank transfer then cash money.. 

Hi Lutz,

Go ahead with the new account.

As I said already, the bank will probably do and say nothing to help you for the next few weeks so make whatever other arrangements you can.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)