Problem with Ford Focus purchased on 3rd November, can we still reject as on the 29th/30th day?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, 

Car is a Ford Focus, 5 years old,  51K milage bought on 3rd November for £6600 with three month warranty.  

I'm aware the timeline is very tight but are we still in a position to reject the car as nearly 30 days now?

Can we reject tomorrow on 3rd December?

Not entirely sure how the days are counted but we will be issuing an email rejecting the car later tonight. 

We bought the car in order to drop/pick up mother in law who's having chemotherapy so we really need a car,

on the way back from chemo yesterday 1st November, the clutch gave way/got stuck and the gears wouldn't go in.  

This happened in the middle of the highway which is very dangerous.  

Now I'm  really worried that there could be other problems with the car and that we might have other failures.

Spoke to the seller and since they're a garage, they've offered to fix it as covered by warranty.

What would be the best course of action regarding the situation?  

Should we give them a chance to fix the problem or should we reject the car anticipating more problems later on?

We did pay quite a lot for the car and wasn't expecting to have problems,

There was a minor problem with the tyres too as one of them had a slow puncture.  

I feel like we've been stitched up and quite disappointed since we intend on using the car to pick/drop mother in law who's seriously ill.  

Just trying to get the best outcome from the situation. 

Thank you!

you can reject the car under your short term right to reject under CRA 

they are already aware of the issue, you met the 30 day not fit for purpose CRA rule.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think I just have to clarify what my site team colleague said above. It's not only a question about being aware – you also must have asserted your rights within the first 30 days.

Send them an email straightaway. Refer to your short-term right to reject the vehicle under the consumer rights act and that in view of the defects which have manifested themselves, and you are asserting your right to reject and you are rejecting the vehicle and that they should make arrangements to collect it or receive it from you and to refund your money.

You must do this straightaway. Meaning tonight. Don't hang around

Even if you feel that you might want to hang onto the car, you should assert the right to reject in order to reserve your position. Once you have done that and come back to this thread and tell us more about it. In particular, who is the dealer?

Have you had on exchanges with them about this? What have they said? Where is the vehicle now and what is its condition?

In fact I see the you had the day wrong. You said it was yesterday – which was 1 December.

Assert your right to reject now – by email. You don't want to get into some kind of argument about whether it was this day or that day. Put it beyond question and assert your right now.

Then afterwards we can discuss your situation

• Like 1