• Tweets

• like you dont reply at all what the debt looks like a loan  who was the oc? is it on your credit file? what is the defaulted date?   i will guess you've already sent a CCA request etc? why if it wasn't a letter of claim did you ever bother responding?   then we'll get this off to it's own topic as you quite rightly say its off topic and shouldn't be in this thread   dx  
    • Duty to mitigate loss isn't a 'general rule, but case law (precedent)   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Westinghouse_Electric_and_Manufacturing_Co_Ltd_v_Underground_Electric_Rlys_Co_of_London_Ltd   https://scholarship.law.columbia.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2994&context=faculty_scholarship   highlights that you'll need to focus on the post-repudiation value, rather than any current value for the assets.
    • https://www.biospace.com/article/comparing-covid-19-vaccines-pfizer-biontech-moderna-astrazeneca-oxford-j-and-j-russia-s-sputnik-v/
    • I called my GP surgery and offered to jump in car and turn up at no notice if they got no shows and was told 'thats simply not happening' When I pointed out that the BBC had raised the issue I was quite bruskly interrupted (unusual at my surgery) and told the media is spouting rubbish which is helping no-one.   I do know that hospital/vaccination center staff are/have been given doses from failed attendances. presumably managed locally   We need to understand that patients can call again, but the vaccination doses are and will remain for some time limited and waste (including relying on others turning up after one failure to turn up) is to be avoided at all costs   There is also the issue of managing the second dose (errr) for those who are given one out of sequence. Let alone any questions regarding that being 'approved'     Personally I would be happy getting one dose early whatever happened later.  (one different vaccine, two matching, no other, whatever)  
    • A cross-party group of 70 MPs are pushing for buy-now-pay-later firms to be regulated within three months View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

PayPal none activity fee

I dont use PayPal, just dont like their business model.

Anyway, like everybody else i opened an account about ten years ago with them , used it once. Sent them an email to cancel immediately after..

Today I received a letter saying that unless I started using this account they would charge me a £9 "none usage fee".

I just wondered, if anyone else has received one of these?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Customers who don’t have money in their PayPal accounts won’t be charged, no matter how long their accounts have sat dormant.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/10/paypal-to-charge-12-inactivity-fee-how-to-avoid-the-charge-and-spot-a-scam-email/

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

How odd

My letter is dated 23rd November, yes it sometimes takes me a while to get through my mail. It says

You account has been inactive for twelve months..............inactive account,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless reactivated.. fee £9.

I will look through the stuff you kindly provided.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

It seems to be legit, it states that i can avoid this by logging in.

No idea what my codes are, and besides I dont want to reactivate it.

Cheeky monkeys.

I dont doubt it is legit...whether the charge is lawful is another question.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Whatever you do don't try to access your account through the links in the email. Go directly to the PayPal website and access it there.

My letter is dated 23rd November

Its not an email BF.