Tax credit compliance interview..

pickles2k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve seen a few threads on this already and unfortunately I’m in a similar situation through my own idiocy

and stupidity, 

I received a letter asking me to attend a telephone interview and provide statements for “ may to august 2020 “as they have information to believe “mr x” is living at the address... the interview is next week

Every single document they have asked for is in his name, I feel so stupid for this I was going to ring up and Cancel my award but with the pandemic and worry over income I made the awful mistake of not doing so, 

unfortunatey for various mental health, personal reasons i have also been claiming before this period, our relationship hasn’t been stable but we have always remained friends since we had a child together in 2015, I’m petrified they are going to ask to go back that far and the bill is going to be awful, 

I want to just ring up and own up to my partner living here during those dates but I want to know if they are then going to go digging for anything previous to that? 

what I’ve done is wrong and awful and I want to own up, but I’m so scared and nervous that if I own up to the previous few years too my bill will be so high and I will go to prison , what’s worse is that my partner doesn’t know I’m still claiming he told me ages ago to stop but life just got on top of me and I suffer with ptsd and anxiety and one thing led to another  putting it off

i won’t be entitled to any award

as my partner now earns above the threshold for this

do I just stick to owning up about the dates they ask or do I tell

them about the previous years claims by telling them the exact date he moved in

to compile the misery on this we decided to make a proper go of it and got engaged in January this year so it’s just another thing that they will find if they dig enough as the venue is now booked for 2022

im so ashamed and embarrassed by my actions i feel like there is no way up for air from all this and I don’t know which way is the best route to take, why oh why didn’t I cancel it when intended too earlier this year

i should add this is for claiming working tax credits, I was a bit stupid, uneducated and naive in the beginning thinking that just being in a relationship with someone doesn’t make them have to “keep” you and as I was working presumed I was still entitled, trying to keep my own finances and independence

Edited by pickles2k

Just answer honesty what they ask.

there are no threads here where anything nasty has ever happened

lots of like threads worthy of a read

but you'll see some unnecessarily worry and worry for no real reason

we often see people fed by other like worry merchants where neither have a real clue of what they are stating most is BS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

6 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Just answer honesty what they ask.

there are no threads here where anything nasty has ever happened

lots of like threads worthy of a read

but you'll see some unnecessarily worry and worry for no real reason

we often see people fed by other like worry merchants where neither have a real clue of what they are stating most is BS

Thank you, so you think if they ask when he moved in I should state for example, “2017” even though they are only wanting may - august this year?

i don’t mean to come across as having no remorse I genuinely want to repay what they ask but I’m so worried about what that figure could end up being if I give away more than they are after

thanks so much for your reply

also, could someone please explain what SAR is and if I should do it and if it is looked at negatively?

Edited by pickles2k

Thank you honeybee, I’m so anxious and petrified of the outcome of giving them further dates than they have mentioned that could lead to me getting prosecuted, I’ve been such an idiot,

should my partner also do a sar request?

Don't be anxious, you aren't an idiot. If you have a read around our forum on compliance interviews nobody has got into serious trouble.

People who know more than me about this will comment but I'm not sure if it's worth both of you making SAR requests because I'd think the information would be the same.

The thing is to tell the truth, sound apologetic and they should believe you. Normally in overclaimed benefits, if there are any, you would be asked to repay them at an affordable rate.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks stresshead, apologies for follow ups, 

so did you tell them about all the dates but they only wanted that specific date period back? 

if no, was there any other dates that they maybe should have known about?

Thanks, now I’ve actually spent time to understand my stupidly mine is linked to working tax credit and child tax credit, I legitimately claimed it for years as a single parent and through past abusive relationships and my ptsd I fell in a trap of wanting to maintain my own financial independence, last year I wanted to cancel and my anxiety about doing it crippled me, 

if they want the entire 4 years for both my bill could genuinely be about 40k , if I get a criminal record I lose my job, I’ve just been so stupid , can’t eat, sleep, can’t even look anyone in the eyes 

Hi waffle, I’m sorry to once again come back with another question but when you say you told them you moved in 2016, did you blurt out your dishonesty from the get go, saying I’m sorry inlied etc Or did you just answer the questions honestly

as if you didn’t realise you were making such a huge mistake?? 

as you can see my anxiety with this has my brain doing 1000 miles per hour,

I just keep thinking about how I can get them to agree for me to repay without looking at jail time or a criminal record

She just said that they are sorting out my claim because I didn’t renewal and that to do that she has to take details about my single claim, and then I just blurted out that I want to be honest from the start and I made a huge mistake. She was lovely. Everyone Iv spoken to has been tbh.

7 minutes ago, pickles2k said:

jail time or a criminal record

which you will never suffer.

as above honesty is the best policy... 

Should you be asked a question that you intentionally lie upon, as has already been carefully explained here and in all these threads by everyone thats posted in this one, frightening each other to death, you must be mindful of the potential consequences now and p'haps later.

you should also never assume simply because bod on the phone says you must pay xyz, that you must.

an sar putting them to strict proof that can PROVE they hold the data is always a good idea.

numerous times in the past we have seen very large sums demanded, but later findout that it is simply a 'note' by an operator in your file who has long since moved on with no actual data to back up the claims made.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again DX,

so in essence what you are saying as being honest in the review saying my oh has been here 4 years and Owning up is one thing, but then they have to prove via a sar that they have proof or evidence of this to back up that I A. Haven’t told

them previous and B. That he was living here all that time,

No I agree waffle I will be as open and honest and apologetic as I can I just meant if it got official, I’m assuming it’s only recorded when it’s an interview under caution? Just a review call isn’t evidence was my understanding?

That’s how im Planning on starting it but my mind going into overdrive, I’m not going to be able to produce the stuff they are asking for and they are absolutely going to ask me if the person on the letter lives here,

yes he does, then when my OH moved in, well That was 4 years ago, so it’s either lie to keep it at those dates and hope or tell the truth and drop myself in further in it , I’m so anxious I just want to get it all out in the open but the financial burden is also going to cripple me

i appreciate all the help

you have all given me though , I’m taking every bit of it on board

these chaps are far greater at answering what sort of stuff is asked

but i suspect they only ask WAS your OH living for that year, not when he actually moved in

and don't forget, other than your 'confession' they have to have had some suspicion it was happening so their evidence existing via sar is critical to them proving things.

they are only asking about xxx tax years so only answer what is asked.

if they ask about other times, just say its too far back to remember clearly as the relationship or WHY was very on off etc etc 

cast doubt , make them prove it.

dx

• Like 1

and they

i wish you would keep to your OWN THREAD.

dx

and they