My Mother has dementia, Barclays say 'out of time' over package account fees/charges.

Paul Walton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently got POA for my Mum.

From what I can establish she has been paying for a Premier account for sometime, when she didn't need the services, dementia not withstanding. I had a long reply from Barclays stating she is 'out of time' and had used some of the services, therefore she knew about them. Also, something about 3 years and she should have know anyway.

The end result was no. I'm about to write back and ask a simple question, what has she paid in the last 6 years ( apparently that is not 'out of time')

Any help would really be appreciated , the care home fees are bad enough, but that's another issue.

AFAIK the 3yrs doesn't apply to charges... that was the CCL stuff concerning PPI reclaiming.

charges reclaiming or in your case package account fee reclaiming? Runs from when you realise they can be reclaimed.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, I only just noticed she was being charged. The charges seem to go back about ten years, they tell me that's out of time. So, can I go back 6 years? Obviously, my mum would not have understood much over the last 6 years.

What do you think is the best option?

until you realise they can be reclaimed there is no time limit and there is most certainly not a only 6yrs time limit on how far you can then go back to reclaim.

we've seen charges from the 1990's refunded.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to My Mother has dementia, Barclays say 'out of time' over package account fees/charges.