style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just received this sms out of the blue from CDER Group. No idea what it is for and no idea what to do. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated:

"DO NOT IGNORE THIS MESSAGE. An Enforcement Agent may be allocated to your account and your goods may be removed. You can pay now using this link: https://customer.cdergroup.co.uk/portal/paylink/******** or contact CDER Gruop on 0330 107 0023, Ref ******** Security code. If anyone in your home has symptoms of COVID-19, is self-isolating or has been advised to shield, please contact us on 03301070023 before we visit you at home"

As I said, it came out of the blue. I don't think it is a spam message looking on forums, I don't want to call them as they will ask for phone number and address, so how can I find out what debt I owe?

Many thanks

Keep it but ignore it until you get some kind of formal communication at your address. Then come back here.

@dx100uk

• Like 1

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

For the sake of clarity, the most common debts that CDER enforce relate to parking and road traffic contraventions; most commonly, for Dart Charge and Transport for London (amongst many others).  Would this give you a clue as to what debt is being enforced?

PS: CDER used to be called JBW Group. The word CDER is pronounced as:

Sea....Der

• Like 1

god that lot

so back to their old tricks of sending out 1000's of email or text msgs on old debts wanting help with their drinks bill for the xmas party.

leopards dont change their spots...just their name.

there appears to be 1000's of reports of people getting these texts on the interweb this last 2 weeks.

looks like they think a change of name might scare a few mugs into coughing up.

most appear to be for debts ranging from anything to old DVLA stuff, ctax, toll charges and PCN's

i suspect someone has simply just got 1000's of debt on their database that have had no movement in a long time out that has a mobile number linked to it...and spouted out the exact same text.

lots appear to be DVLA related from more than 6mts ago, which ofcouse are now dead re:(late licensing penalty, keeping an unregistered vehicle on the public road, various offences under VERA, etc.)

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...